Southern Caribbean

Tiggipaws

Hello

Just wondering if its worth taking a chance on the southern Caribbean Nov 4th to 14th, I know its still hurricane season, but I think we would be very unluck to see one that time of year, Just wondering if it would be too rainy? I know no ones got a crystal ball, Itinary is

Key West

Puerto Rico

St Thomas

St Johns

St Lucia

Curacao

Aruba

Cayman Islands

Thanks

Have done this type of itinerary before in November and although there was a little bit of rain here and there the weather was generally very good. In fact, that is when we prefer to go to the Caribbean. ...in November. It seems to be a quieter season at that time. Hurricane season is pretty much over with by then....not that a storm can't happen, but we have had good luck. It is our joint birthday months so we usually cruise if we can to celebrate. I love the southern Caribbean itinerary. In fact we are doing a 10 day this year in November. ...but on X-line. They had the itinerary we wanted on the dates we wanted to go.

Good luck with whatever trip you take....it will be fun.

The other advantage is that the weather in the northern US in November hasn't gotten really bad yet with snow/ice. This is the one reason I don't take cruises in Dec/Jan/Feb/Early March. If you have one snowstorm in the Northeast, for example, it screws up the flights all across the US. I don't care much for flying anyway, and when I do, I want some reasonable expectation of arriving at my destination, not being marooned in an airport due to delayed/cancelled flights for bad weather. Granted, bad weather or some other flight issue can happen anytime but in winter it is much more probable. I always fly in the day before a cruise, but if I had to do a wintertime cruise, I would drive to the port or fly in several days in advance, just in case. Something to consider, IMO.

Hello

Just wondering if its worth taking a chance on the southern Caribbean Nov 4th to 14th, I know its still hurricane season, but I think we would be very unluck to see one that time of year, Just wondering if it would be too rainy? I know no ones got a crystal ball, Itinary is

Key West

Puerto Rico

St Thomas

St Johns

St Lucia

Curacao

Aruba

Cayman Islands

Thanks

We learned from sea water temperature charts, this is when the seas are their warmest if you want to enjoy being in the water. We had the most divine day possible a Half Moon Cay in November once.

Made us want to go back for more warm water in February, but the water temp charts showed just those few months later lower temperatures so it was not as pleasant at all as that one November day in HMC. Seems the summer heat cooks up the Caribbean before it sends it up as the warming Gulf Stream that keeps Northern Europe more temperate at their latitude during the winter than other similar locations.

November seems to be the last month to count on those warmer water temps in the Caribbean.

We learned from sea water temperature charts, this is when the seas are their warmest if you want to enjoy being in the water. We had the most divine day possible a Half Moon Cay in November once.

Made us want to go back for more warm water in February, but the water temp charts showed just those few months later lower temperatures so it was not as pleasant at all as that one November day in HMC. Seems the summer heat cooks up the Caribbean before it sends it up as the warming Gulf Stream that keeps Northern Europe more temperate at their latitude during the winter than other similar locations.

November seems to be the last month to count on those warmer water temps in the Caribbean.

I agree with you about the water temps in November....they were wonderful IMO. Not cold at all where we have been.

PS Ols Salt, I see you are taking the 14 day Alaska cruise in May, please let us know how it went...we are taking that cruise next year!

I agree with you about the water temps in November....they were wonderful IMO. Not cold at all where we have been.

PS Ols Salt, I see you are taking the 14 day Alaska cruise in May, please let us know how it went...we are taking that cruise next year!

Looks like it will be a good one though still too early for a lot of the Alaska highlights. We may get iced out of some of the inlets, and the wildlife may or may not have woken from its winter slumbers. It was a tough call deciding which weeks to choose - warming up enough but before the black flies - to go this far north. We will make a report. We did our first more standard one week Alaska trip in the middle of June a number of years ago, and found those ports were lush with spring flowers, greenery yet heavy snows on the surrounding mountain tops. And we had to dress for them like we were on a ski vacation.

So late May, much further north in Alaska - it will be interesting. This cruise has many fans who have done it four or five times and love it, so it will be good in its own way. This too is Alaska as it really is - any time of the year.