Martinique

We just returned from a fantastic B2B cruise on Jewel of the Seas. The only negative was our tour planned in Martinique through "martinique excursions" We fully paid the $80 prior for the tour for the 2 of us and received confirmation that we'd be picked up at port by 9 am. The tour director was there, but said that he'd wait to see if he could recruit others, as doing the tour for 2 people wasn't worth it to him. He finally found another couple by 10 am, but only charged them $40 for the 2 of them. When we returned home, I wrote to the tour company to complain, but they said that they couldn't do anything about it because we had paid in advance and it was the tour guide's discretion to do this. What poor customer relations!

Yes, booking in advance is often more expensive but you get the peace of mind that you already have your day booked. Hope you enjoyed your day there. How did you like Martinique? We will be there next month and still haven't decided what to do. I'm leaning toward just grabbing a tour once we get there and keeping my fingers crossed that I can find an English speaking guide

We just returned from a fantastic B2B cruise on Jewel of the Seas. The only negative was our tour planned in Martinique through "martinique excursions" We fully paid the $80 prior for the tour for the 2 of us and received confirmation that we'd be picked up at port by 9 am. The tour director was there, but said that he'd wait to see if he could recruit others, as doing the tour for 2 people wasn't worth it to him. He finally found another couple by 10 am, but only charged them $40 for the 2 of them. When we returned home, I wrote to the tour company to complain, but they said that they couldn't do anything about it because we had paid in advance and it was the tour guide's discretion to do this. What poor customer relations!

No thats par for the course. Money makes the world go round.