hotels in San Juan

goombayjoe

I'll be cruising on the AOS Jan 15th out of San Juan...looking for a hotel that's reasonably priced...will be flying in on the 13th so I'll need a 2 nite stay...notice that many of the hotels are very expensive...anyone have any recommendations? Thanks...Joe

I'll be cruising on the AOS Jan 15th out of San Juan...looking for a hotel that's reasonably priced...will be flying in on the 13th so I'll need a 2 nite stay...notice that many of the hotels are very expensive...anyone have any recommendations? Thanks...Joe

I agree go to the San Juan board. Also try this web site from Frommers

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/sanjuan/323_indacc.html

It's not cheap, but the Hilton is very nice.

We stayed there for a week last winter using Hilton points, so it was "free":D

If you're there 2 nights be sure to go to Old San Juan. See at least one of the two forts. For dinner I highly recommend the Parrot Club:)

I second the Caribe Hilton...if you shop around maybe you'll find a good rate...love the private beach and breakfast buffet is very good..see if you can get a rate that includes it. Marriot in Condado also looks nice, good buffet too....can you tell I love to eat?????????????:)

Got a great rate through Priceline for January 13th stay. We ended up with the Normandie hotel (next to the Hotel Caribe Hilton) Initially, we were hoping for the Caribe Hilton as we stayed there last year but couldn't get Priceline to accept at our price this year. We leave Jan 14th on the Constellation. We also are renting a car at the airport and their downtown office will drop us off at the pier next morning.

Cheers,

Got a great rate through Priceline for January 13th stay. We ended up with the Normandie hotel (next to the Hotel Caribe Hilton) Initially, we were hoping for the Caribe Hilton as we stayed there last year but couldn't get Priceline to accept at our price this year. We leave Jan 14th on the Constellation. We also are renting a car at the airport and their downtown office will drop us off at the pier next morning.

Cheers,

I have stayed at the Normandy and it is a very nice hotel. It has recently been refurbished. You are a short cab ride from Old San Juan. Enjoy!

Joe has a real problem here - He has waited too long to book his hotel reservations - for the nights of 1/13 and 1/14 the following hotels have no availability - El Convento, Intercontinental, Caribe Hilton, Marriott, Normandie, El Carino, Milano, Coqui Inn, and the best little hotel in San Juan, Coral Princess Inn.

So what does Joe have left - Condado Plaza $210 per night, Radisson $206 per night, Embassy Suites $250 per night, Sheraton $300 per night, and the least expensive and also least recommended, San Juan Beach Hotel $177 per night.

Good Luck Joe - I hope you can find something that you can live with.

Thanks Dave and Katie...I was able to book the 2 nites at Hotel El Portal for $95.00/nite...not sure how it is but the price is right...Joe

Hey Joe

I'm glad you were able to make your reservations.

If you have not already done so - the Hotel El Portal has about a dozen reviews on TripAdvisor.com - search for San Juan Hotels - The El Portal is at #52 on page 2 - at least you will have some idea of what to expect.

Archived