Seward Excursions

mimijes

We will be on the Celebrity Cruisetour which connects to the Millennium on Friday, May 18 in Seward.

Does anyone know if there will be time for an excursion in Seward? I don’t know what time we will arrive in Seward, but the ship departs Seward at 8pm, must be on board earlier, of course. I do know that the Cruisetour includes the Alaska Sealife Center, but I would love to go on a tour of Exit Glacier.

Or maybe just time to walk around downtownSeward?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Not sure if you can add this to the cruisetour, but you might want to think about adding a "Behind the Scenes" tour to your tour of the SeaLife Center. The SeaLife Center isn't that big and didn't take us long to tour it, but adding the Behind the Scenes tour added to the experience. What made it even more wonderful was realizing that one of the "exhibits" (camera on the Sea Lion Rookery) was what we saw live from the water during our Kenai Fjords tour.

If you get to Seward early enough, I would suggest ditching the Cruise Tour and adding a Kenai Fjords tour. I want to say there is one that leaves at 11am and goes until 5pm (someone will correct me if I am wrong) and you can add lunch to the cost. The tour is rich with wildlife and you even get up close enough to a glacier that you can hear & see it calving. This was an added bonus for us since we didn't get that close to Hubbard Glacier to experience the same thing.