Navigator ABC Islands 9-Night Menus

Hi All,

I see that the Navigator is one of the ships that has switched to the new menus. For those sailing now or soon on one of the 9-nights to the ABC islands, can you please post the menus?

Someone was gracious enough to post a few from the 5-night Western Caribbean Itinerary, but I would love to see the 9-night menus before our cruise next month.

Thanks!

Brad

I have them from last week but can't post now at the airport

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

Of course I do not expect you to post at the airport! :cool:

If you could post this week after you get settled at home, that would be great! (And the Cruise Compasses as well, if you have those and that is not too much to ask!)

What did you think of the new menus/food?

How was the cruise overall?

Hope you had a great trip!

Have a good flight home.

Thanks again,

Brad

Was on the 9 day Navigator 2-11 March and had the new menus or more so shall I say a new format. You have to order your dessert the same time you order your appetizer and entree. DW and I prefer the previous method of getting a dessert menu after finishing the entree. This time It felt rushed and not as personable even though we had a very good waiter and assistant. I figure this is yet another cost cutting example to try to be more efficient with less wait staff. The other challenge at least for me was I had no idea if I could eat one or more desserts so just had to guess. This was our 7th RCI cruise and we've always had good luck in the MDR but this time around, the quality of food though subjective was average at best. First night I had the pork chop, last 2 cruises it was very good. This time the chop was over 1/2 fat and little to no taste. Yes I could have sent it back but the first night was pushing 2 hours at the table and poor at best wait staff. We tried another table on night 2 and stuck with them the remainder of the cruise. I tried the pork loin, dry, dry, dry and on the last night had the southern fried chicken, my humble opinion nothing like southern fried chicken I'm used to and I rated it in the less than average category. Now the prime rib and lobster were by far the best meals. DW had the salmon, lamb (twice) and tuna steak and she was very happy with those choices.

Was on the 9 day Navigator 2-11 March and had the new menus or more so shall I say a new format. You have to order your dessert the same time you order your appetizer and entree. DW and I prefer the previous method of getting a dessert menu after finishing the entree. This time It felt rushed and not as personable even though we had a very good waiter and assistant. I figure this is yet another cost cutting example to try to be more efficient with less wait staff. The other challenge at least for me was I had no idea if I could eat one or more desserts so just had to guess. This was our 7th RCI cruise and we've always had good luck in the MDR but this time around, the quality of food though subjective was average at best. First night I had the pork chop, last 2 cruises it was very good. This time the chop was over 1/2 fat and little to no taste. Yes I could have sent it back but the first night was pushing 2 hours at the table and poor at best wait staff. We tried another table on night 2 and stuck with them the remainder of the cruise. I tried the pork loin, dry, dry, dry and on the last night had the southern fried chicken, my humble opinion nothing like southern fried chicken I'm used to and I rated it in the less than average category. Now the prime rib and lobster were by far the best meals. DW had the salmon, lamb (twice) and tuna steak and she was very happy with those choices.

Vavasmom: Thank you very much for posting the menus:

JTBcruiser: you mention your DW had lamb twice. Which nites? I looked at the menus Vavasmom posted and only saw lamb once.

Thanks!

Brad

Vavasmom: Thank you very much for posting the menus:

JTBcruiser: you mention your DW had lamb twice. Which nites? I looked at the menus Vavasmom posted and only saw lamb once.

Thanks!

Brad

Brad, I honestly don't recall but it was leg of lamb then the other night a lamb shank. She really liked both.