Reasonable Time Frame to Wait for Response from Guest Relations?

texas greeneyes

Hello to all, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

I sent a letter on December 09 to Carnival Guest Relations detailing two issues regarding my November 2005 Conquest cruise. I would like opinions as to how long is a reasonable time to allow them to respond before I follow up with a second letter. Thoughts, anyone?

And, Happy New Year! :D

IMHO, it does not matter if a response is "expected" or not. A corporation the size of Carnival, should, at the very least, respond, even with a simple form letter, that they have indeed received your correspondence. If there's no response whatsoever on Carnival's part, then it's time to escalate your concern/question/gripe/whatever to the next level on the organizational chart. ;)

Bear in mind that Guest Relations does not always respond to every letter you send them. Was it evident in your first letter that you expected a response? Just curious. I don't know what happened.

Bear in mind that Guest Relations does not always respond to every letter you send them. Was it evident in your first letter that you expected a response? Just curious. I don't know what happened.

In my letter, I made a point of stating at the beginning that I enjoyed my cruise very much and had great memories of it, but that I wanted Carnival to addressed two negative issues that occurred:

Goods (special occasion cakes) not delivered as ordered, for which I requested a refund of the modest amount charged (approximately $30)

and

Unprofessional conduct by a Carnival-sponsored tour operator :eek: . For this issue I did not request any monetary compensation, however, I would like my comments acknowledged.

I did made it explicitly clear that I expected a response. I assure you that Carnival WILL hear from me again, as many times as it takes! ;)

Well, texasgreeneyes, I hope your concerns are addressed. I have written letters on a few occasions and have had responses twice. Just for my information, did you bring the issues up onboard? Usually problems like the ones you described (if I am understanding them correctly) are addressed by the Shore Excursions Desk staff and the Maitre d'. Good luck!

Well, texasgreeneyes, I hope your concerns are addressed. I have written letters on a few occasions and have had responses twice. Just for my information, did you bring the issues up onboard? Usually problems like the ones you described (if I am understanding them correctly) are addressed by the Shore Excursions Desk staff and the Maitre d'. Good luck!

Hi Cheshyrkat,

I did bring up the problem with the cake orders while still onboard. However, I regret that I did not discuss the tour operator's behavior before leaving the ship. In case you are curious , details of that behavior are included in part five of my VERY lengthy 8-part review, link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5318380#post5318380

I will post here when I receive a response from Carnival about either or both issues. Thank you for your interest!

Patty in Texas

Hi Cheshyrkat,

I did bring up the problem with the cake orders while still onboard. However, I regret that I did not discuss the tour operator's behavior before leaving the ship. In case you are curious , details of that behavior are included in part five of my VERY lengthy 8-part review, link below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=5318380#post5318380

I will post here when I receive a response from Carnival about either or both issues. Thank you for your interest!

Patty in Texas

Thanks for the link. I find that behavior extremely inappropriate and I know the Shore Excursions people need to hear about it...

Archived