Tundra Wilderness Tour - how far in?

kathyemma

I just got the following email Any clue how far we will be going into the park? We will be in Denali the first week of June. Originally, I thought we were only going to go to mile 53. I am excited to go further into the park.

Dear Costco Travelers,

Costco Travel received the following itinerary change in regards to your ms Westerdam cruise tour.

The National Park Service has advised that the full-length Tundra Wilderness Tour will operate between June 1 and September 13, 2018.

Guests scheduled for a tour between May 16 - 19 and Sept 14 - 19th will be rebooked on the Denali Natural History Tour. This fully narrated 4.5-5 hour tour travels to mile 30 of the Park Road to the Teklanika River Overlook.

Guests scheduled between May 20 - 31 will be rebooked on the Tolkat tour. This 6-7 hour fully narrated tour travels to mile 53 of the Park Road to the Tolkat River rest stop.

As noted in Holland America?s brochure, this is an annual early and late season modification. As such, it has been considered into the pricing of the Journey departures that may be affected.

I *think* after June 1 the Tundra Wilderness Tour goes as far as the point called "Stoney Hill Scenic Overlook" from the Wilderness Access Center where the tour starts. It's 61 road miles according to Google Maps. Here's a link to see where Stoney Hill is located. Zoom out and you'll get a better perspective. From Stoney Hill to Denali is about 36 miles away - though it looks much closer than that - on a clear day. :D Enjoy your visit! It's very special.

Google Maps for Stoney Hill Scenic Overlook