Royal vs MSC vs Norwegian?

Hi all! Need some ship opinions. We are planning a senior HS spring break trip. My family has always sailed on Royal. Can I get some comparisons between Royal/MSC/Norwegian? Answer as if destination, ship size, and cabin costs are all about the same. Straight up - who is better? We will have kids with us from about 6 - 18 years old and adults that typically purchase the RCI alcohol packages.

Thanks!

I have never been on MSC.

You will have a good time on either RCI or NCL.

NCL does have freestyle, a more relaxed vibe, and more dining options.

RCI has assigned dining, but my time dining is available. It also has formal nights. RCI generally has a better passenger to space ratio and more pools.

Yes MSC do things differently but for the price you cannot beat it.

Can you tell a little more about this? I have been eyeing the MSC Seaside as an interesting alternative to RCI for our family.

I would say with the kids and the alcohol package that NCL might have a slight advantage. Depending on the ship, they offer the most variety for complimentary dining and activities. Very laid back and casual atmosphere. And you can get the drink package included in your rate as a promotion. MSC is more sophisticated with a very European feel. While not calling it that, they basically have several different classes of service based on the rate that you pay. Dining and amenities are amazing. RCI is somewhere in the middle.

Having sailed on Oasis and currently on the breakaway, I can give you my opinion. It depends on the ship, honestly.

My kids? They 100% prefer Oasis to Breakaway and I would have to agree with them. Here is why I say this and again this is only my opinion.

Kids clubs: both my kids said Royal for this. My son was always either in the teen club or with friends he met there on Oasis. With NCL, he went the first night and has no desire to go back. My daughter, who is 8, prefers Royal’s kids club as well, and we agree with her. For starters, Royals kids club is open more often. NCL has short hours so you feel like you have to go get them just after you dropped them off. But the thing my husband and I loved about Royals kids club is that you got to know the people who were taking care of her everyday. We are in day 3 of NCL and I have never met the people taking care of my daughter as you check in at a desk and they wisk the kids away to their room and then call for them when you pick them up. With Royal you got to have conversations with the counselors and knew that they really cared about your kids. We loved that and really miss it on NCL.

Entertainment, Royal wins again for this family. We loved the water and ice show on Oasis. NCL has nothing like that.

I plan to post a comparison when it get back, but our opinion is Royals mega ships blow NCL out of the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell a little more about this? I have been eyeing the MSC Seaside as an interesting alternative to RCI for our family.

I have been on all oasis class and just got back from seaside Msc. I booked msc because price was very good. The ship is beautiful. That’s it. Customer service is a total joke. They treat you like they do not give a crap and do not care if you return. Food was ok. No variety at all in the buffet. No choices but buffet or dining room either. I would never cruise MSC again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums