Cuba Cruise 732

I’m traveling on RCL Empress of the Seas to Cuba in the next few months. Can anyone that booked AFTER July 1st and has gone tell me if you are allowed to disembark in Cuba WITHOUT a booked excursion? I’ve been given “policy” but no concrete answer. I would like to spend one day doing my own thing.

The only requirement to get off the ship in Cuba is that you complete a sign affidavit that you will turn in at embarkation in Miami. Once the ship docks in Havana and clears customs and immigration passengers can freely leave and return to the ship. Neither RCI security nor Cuban official check anything. You don't not have to book any excursion with the cruise line although they will tell you have to.

I’m traveling on RCL Empress of the Seas to Cuba in the next few months. Can anyone that booked AFTER July 1st and has gone tell me if you are allowed to disembark in Cuba WITHOUT a booked excursion? I’ve been given “policy” but no concrete answer. I would like to spend one day doing my own thing.

I booked mine for the May 9th last month.

First night in we have dinner reservations. 2nd day a private tour organized ourselves.

No ship excursions.

They can try but we’re not falling for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I am researching a cruise and am really confused with all the fuss about whether passengers can book a 3rd party tour or not. Here is RCL's FAQ: It specifically states passengers can book a 3rd party tour; you are responsible for ensuring it meets US requirements.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/topics/cuba-cruises

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-purchase-a-cuba-tour-through-a-third-party-company

We were on the Cuban cruise in November,we stayed overnight .On the first day we took a very good tour from the ship ,it was listed for a 4 hour hour tour but it lasted almost five hours with the last stop at a flea market.After getting back to the ship we crossed the road and walked around the square for a bit.On the second day after breakfast we again went to the square and did a little more touring around the whole square.

Just a little info going back to the ship you do have to go thru customs every time.Also if you buy anything,with American money they will not give you USA change,so befor you go if you can go to a place to exchange money do so,we changed to euros,and in the termonial you can change the euros for Cuban.

enjoy the trip