Molde, Norway?

Ine

Looking for a cruise to Norway I found one on ms Koningsdam end of June. I am surprised to see the ship docks in Molde instead of Alesund.

Has anybody been there, any advice what to see or do?

I assume renting a car to drive to Trollstigen (which we intended to do from Alesund) is a bit too complicated since there seems to be a ferry involved on that route.

Hi Ine,

Yes I was in Molde a couple of years ago. It was a cruise up to North Cape and back so they made Molde one of the stops on the way back down as we had been to Alesund on the way up.

I went to the Varden Panorama in the morning, got the shuttle the cruiseline offered but some people made it in to a longer trip and walked up. Then in the afternoon I went to the Romsdal Museum, which was one of the highlights of the trip. So much so I am considering visiting the similar Sunnmmore Museum in Alesund this year.

Jackie

Hi Ine,

Yes I was in Molde a couple of years ago. It was a cruise up to North Cape and back so they made Molde one of the stops on the way back down as we had been to Alesund on the way up.

I went to the Varden Panorama in the morning, got the shuttle the cruiseline offered but some people made it in to a longer trip and walked up. Then in the afternoon I went to the Romsdal Museum, which was one of the highlights of the trip. So much so I am considering visiting the similar Sunnmmore Museum in Alesund this year.

Jackie

Ok Thanks. I will certainly check that. I just found out about the Atlantic Road, which seems to be worth to rent a car.

Hi Ine,

A couple of cruise mates did the Atlantic road And raved about it. Just can’t remember if it was from Molde. I do know some of them went on an out of town excursion and thought it was great I will see if I can work out what it was.

Jackie

Hi Ine,

A couple of cruise mates did the Atlantic road And raved about it. Just can’t remember if it was from Molde. I do know some of them went on an out of town excursion and thought it was great I will see if I can work out what it was.

Jackie

I found a nice website re the Atlantic Road. https://www.fjordnorway.com/things-to-do/tour-suggestion-by-car-from-kristiansund-to-molde-over-the-atlantic-road-p1309833.

It certainly seems doable to/from Molde too. Estimated driving time about 3 1/2 hours without stops but incl. the Varda Panorama viewpoint. This according google maps.

The ship will be in port for about 10 hours. So I think we will do that as we will have plenty of time.