Where in the Caribbean

lilducky

You're kidding right?

Any place in the Caribbean that a cruise ship stops in is going to be jam-packed with more places that sell t-shirts, beach bags, towels, shot glasses, ladies' fashions (dresses/tops/bathing suits/etc), and other useless crap (who needs a wood-carved dancer-girl incense holder?!) than you can shake a stick at.

If you don't like the selection of stuff in one store, just check out the next one for a whole new set of options.

Granted, some ports are more insane than others, but if anyone can offer lilducky some advice on finding sundresses in the following ports, then maybe she can narrow it down:

Labadee, Hispaniola

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

George Town, Grand Cayman

Cozumel, Mexico

Sweetie, you will have no shortage of places to find sundresses...Heh. You crack me up.

(For the uninitiated, lilducky is my gf and she's going on her first cruise and first trip anywhere warm on VOS in Jan '06)

Hola,

My DW wanted a pretty little flowered number in Belize. On our way back to the ship I read the label. You guessed it. " Made in Thailand."

When I was in Grand Cayman I wanted to find something to remember my visit; I ended up buying a pair of Gekco earrings. While on the tender back to the ship I noticed they were made in the USA. I had to laugh at myself for being such a dope. Oh well.

j~

Labadee will have them available but you may not want to put yourself up to that as the native market will be really pushy. Jamaica will definitely have them. They will be most expensive in Grand Cayman. Cozumel will definitely have them, but if you want one earlier in the week I think I would buy one in Jamaica.

Can I get a cute little Caribbean sundress? I want to buy one while on my cruise and I was hoping for some ideas on where I might be able to get a good deal on a cute one.

If you are stopping in St Maarteen make sure you go to Rima's they have everything you could possibly want.

Archived