Go to embarkation lunch on Dream?

zanydoc

just got off the Dream. The pasta place is on deck 11 above the buffet. If you want something else it really depends on what time you get on the ship. Guy's did have a line but it was never too long of a wait. The Blue Iguana was pretty quick also. The buffet lines were long and moved slow all week.

Haven’t done Dream yet but last week on Breeze I did deck 11 pasta and nobody was up there. It was great. Lido was loaded. Pig and anchor was loaded. Pasta had maybe 5 tables in use. People didn’t figure out it was up there until like day 6.

Thank you! And where is the fabled “shorter line” that I’ve been hearing about for Guys burgers? Do the lunch lines die down a bit when they open the rooms up at 1:30?

Guy’s has two lines, When you’re facing aft, toward Guys from the pool, the line on the left side (starboard) is usually the lesser used. I’ve seen a couple dozen people in the other (port) line with only 3 or 4 in the starboard line.

To the OP, we’re usually onboard by noon (without FTTF[emoji41]) so I grab a Guy’s and fries on my way to the Lido buffet to join my wife, who prefers the pasta place, for second lunch and/or dessert. By the time we finish eating our stateroom is usually ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Definitely Pasta Bella. It’s above the lido buffet area, and most people don’t even know it’s there, so it’s usually not crowded. And the pasta is really good. You basically fill out a card and choose what type of pasta you want, what sauce, other things like veggies, and meats. They also have salads and I believe lasagna as well.

Definitely Pasta Bella. It’s above the lido buffet area, and most people don’t even know it’s there, so it’s usually not crowded. And the pasta is really good. You basically fill out a card and choose what type of pasta you want, what sauce, other things like veggies, and meats. They also have salads and I believe lasagna as well.

Most people haven’t found this place yet on the first day so it’s a good choice. My husband always enjoyed the tandoori and it was never busy

I did guys burger or deli. Whichever had the shorter line. I. Remember researching this for my dream cruise and finding out about the pasta place. Then during the excitement of embarkation I forgot. Lol.

Going to pasta place is good advice. Just research the location and make a point of rembering it.

I found a little Indian restaurant at the very end of the ship called Tandoor. There were about 3 people in line and it was really good.

Tandoor.

Tandoor, which is located all the way aft (back) on starboard side (right) on Lido is my favorite food venue on Dream and Splendor class ships. I wish it was available on ALL ships.

I choose Tandoor for lunch every day when we sail these ships.

We sailed the Dream this past January. Since we were in NOLA, we decided to have coffee au lait and beignets before we boarded. So we weren’t hungry when we boarded about 12:30. We sat in the lobby and watched all the people while sipping a Fun Ship special. Went to the room at 1:30 and dropped off our bags and headed to the Lido. The crowd had thinned out a lot so there were no lines. Hubby got Guy’s and I got salad. No wait. Have fun!