Does JiJi’s offer gluten free options?

belle2

Sushi is gluten free, by nature of ingredients--neither fish nor rice contain gluten. If you have celiac disease, you should know this. If you have celiac disease, do stay away from any dumpling dishes and do inquire about the sauces, especially thickening agents. Best to ask special needs desk to help you navigate menus on the ship.

If you're trying to eat gluten free for diet purposes, what ever gluten is in any of the dishes you'll eat on board during your cruise is so minimal--exception being the obvious breads, pastas, pizzas and pastries.

BTW gluten is NOT harmful to any non-celiac person and does not in and of itself cause weight gain, cancer, poor energy, etc. regardless of the false information being spread by naturopaths and others.

Sushi is gluten free, by nature of ingredients--neither fish nor rice contain gluten. If you have celiac disease, you should know this. If you have celiac disease, do stay away from any dumpling dishes and do inquire about the sauces, especially thickening agents. Best to ask special needs desk to help you navigate menus on the ship.

If you're trying to eat gluten free for diet purposes, what ever gluten is in any of the dishes you'll eat on board during your cruise is so minimal--exception being the obvious breads, pastas, pizzas and pastries.

BTW gluten is NOT harmful to any non-celiac person and does not in and of itself cause weight gain, cancer, poor energy, etc. regardless of the false information being spread by naturopaths and others.

Actually you are wrong. My kids are on a gluten and dairy free diet to reduce inflammation due to an autoimmune disorder. They have been told to remove those foods, by a registered dietitian, their MD, and also their immunologist. But I’m sure you know MUCH more than those Doctors and practitioners. So therefore, thank you for the unsolicited medical advice.

What I asked is if anyone had any experience eating gluten free at JiJi’s. Since you are such an expert please enlighten me on your personal experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JiJi menu is available on line. And if you alert the maitre’d , you will have the gracious services of carnival staff at each MDR dinner to confer with, menu in hand. The last thing carnival wants is loudly complaining sick passengers.

JiJi menu is available on line. And if you alert the maitre’d , you will have the gracious services of carnival staff at each MDR dinner to confer with, menu in hand. The last thing carnival wants is loudly complaining sick passengers.

Thank you. I’m aware of how everything works in the MDR. We’ve been gluten free for several years. I’m specifically asking about JiJi’s because most Asian food is laden with soy sauce which is not gluten free. I have not been on a ship with JiJi’s yet. We will be on the vista and I have a reservation at JiJi’s. If the offering of gluten free options is quite limited it may not be worth our time or money. That is why I’m asking for other experience’s eating gluten free at JiJi’s as well as the sushi restaurant. I don’t think looking at the menu alone will tell me enough about the ingredients used in sauces, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums