E Carrib, Oasis of the Seas, Late July '18

Fellow Cruisers: my family (me, wife, 2 boys, ages 20 + 17) are heading out on Royal Carrib's E Carrib cruise in late July. It goes to Nassau (Bahamas), Charlotte Amalie (St Thomas, USVI) and Philipsburg (St. Maarten, Dutch Antilles). We are active, not huge foodies, love the outdoors. What are your suggested must-do's on board, and port excursions? Thanks for your collective wisdom!

Aquaventure at Atlantis is great but expensive. St Thomas snorkeling/cat trip to St Johns or maybe Buck Island. St Maarten Power Rafting snorkel trip (RCI calls it Ultimate Beach and Snorkel) or maybe ATVs. Also think about America's Cup racing or Rhino Riders.

• 1 month later...

My family was on the Allure in February. In the Bahamas we did Atlantis and swimming with the sea lions. It was a lot of fun. You are very short on time there though because you leave port so early. The lion excursion was a great one. We watched the dolphins too, and it looked fun. St. Thomas rained so we ended up not doing anything, though I love taking the ferry over to St. John when I have been there in the past. We went to St. Kitts not St. Maarten so I cannot comment on that. On ship, I would take advantage of the zip lining, rock climbing wall, golfing, and flowrider. I always went when they opened and never had to wait. At night and in the afternoons, I loved to hang out on the boardwalk and central park. We would often eat at one of the specialty restaurants at night and ask to be seated outside. It didn't feel like you were on a ship.

In St Martin, strongly recommend Captain Bob of Soualiga Destinations. You can look it up on TripAdvisor. It's got a little bit of everything from snorkeling to multiple beaches to a really fast and fun boat ride to lunch to seeing the planes land at Maho Beach. Also unlimited beer, soda, and water on the boat if any of that is appealing.

Here's my Oasis trip review from last July... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2523340

You can read about my experience with that excursion and of course the rest of the trip (although it's a little heavy on the food and drink, no pun intended).

Also, here's one of the best reviews of Oasis I have ever come across if you're interested. The thread is long but it has pictures of almost everything on the ship... https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2507498

Hope this helps.