Adding a new passenger to my booking with Carnival.

bmwsav44

I currently have booked and completely paid for a "SOLO" cruise with Carnival for Nov. 2018.

If I should change my mind and want to add another passenger to my booking and have them stay in my stateroom would this be possible and be allowed by Carnival Cruise Line?

I do realize I would need to pay more port fees and taxes for the extra person and possibly a fee to make the change.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has done this change and if so, how challenging was it to do.

thanks!

You have to call and ask. If your cruise is sold out, then no, you can’t add someone. Otherwise, I’m sure it won’t be a problem. But if you don’t call, you’ll never know. Good luck! And enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This shouldn't be an issue this far out but could be closer in, but muster station and lifeboat capacity also come into play.

Every solo cabin allows them to put more people in extra berths in other cabins without exceeding muster station and lifeboat capacity. Even if the cruise isn't completely sold out, it could be at the point where remaining muster station and lifeboat capacity only permits double berth bookings for the remaining unsold cabins. They wouldn't further restrict those remaining cabins down to single occupancy so that you could add someone to an existing booking.

If you are cruising in November, this would be most likely to happen during Thanksgiving week when lots of families are traveling with kids and filling those extra berths.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Forums mobile app