LIVE LIVE LIVE from the Sovereign of the Seas

Merion_Mom

AMY, AMY, AMY.......................guess what I just did about an hour ago?

Booked us on the Enchantment for NEXT New Year's Eve!

Come with us!!!!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I don't really REMEMBER yesterday. :D

Nice transition from cruise to cruise. There were very few of us B2B-ers, and all the staff remember us. (especially the bartenders - they remember Beth :eek: )

I loved Labadee when we went there in August 2002. I LOVED LOVED LOVED CoCoCay. FABULOUS place. Can't wait to go back on Monday.

New comic tonight. A gazillion times better than Jim McCue. FUNNY - Louis Ramey. He's been on TV, so you may have seen/heard him. He told GREAT redneck jokes and even the rednecks were laughing.

Excellent food. I gotta say..........the standard, everyday, alternate menu top sirloin steak (no longer the unregrettedly dead "ranch steak") is EXCELLENT. Done perfectly.

Great wait staff second time around, too.

Ok, how funny is this?

First cruise........assistant waiter.........Muhammed.

Second cruise........assistant waiter.........Kristian.

HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE

Gotta go - I've got a date with the hot 56-yr old piano player from Dueling Pianos. (he told me to write that..................draw your own conclusions.)

Carol :D

Captain Vidar Solem. (don't have it in front of me, so if I've transposed a couple of vowels, I apologize) According to a friend (wife of officer on board), he's really young........like, 36 or so.

Just a couple of random thoughts. (that's really all I ever have :))

Smell? Kids have noticed it a couple of times, in one weird place: at the top of the stairs at Deck 10, right AT the stairs. The spa is back there, as is our cabin, but this is just in this one little spot. I don't even notice it, and when they say it to me, I have to strain to catch the faintest whiff.

'Course, I haven't been down on the lower decks..............yet. :D (see last night's post)

To Alisha, of "Steve&Alisha" - the pull out bed is VERY VERY VERY comfortable and it IS full length. Maybe your cabin steward didn't know how to pull it out all the way? Or maybe yours was a different model? I like it, because a thick curtain separates it from the two twin beds in which my kids are sleeping, and makes a nice, padded, dark, cocoon-like sleeping compartment for Mom.

The staff here is OVERWHELMINGLY and INCREDIBLY friendly. EVERY worker stops what s/he is doing when I walk by, just to give me a cheerful greeting. And it's usually NOT just "good morning" (ok, "good afternoon, good evening, THEN good morning")..........it's also: "are you having a good time?"

Kids said the pizza in Sorrento's yesterday, during sailaway, was good. Much better than those who say "Totino's is better." Not fabulous, mind you, but quite edible, and my kids are picky about pizza quality.

Had no trouble getting drinks NOT in the souvenir glasses.

Jack D. is almost gone. :(

I don't know WHY Raymund didn't charge the corkage fee, twice. He just didn't. I never said a word to him nor he to me. Just no bill. I bow before the anti-surcharge gods.

Gotta go into Nassau now and use up the rest of my promotional coupons from the first cruise.

The Regal Empress is docked next to us. The crew is scurrying about on her top deck, putting out MILLIONS of red and white balloons.

I have to decide which New Year's Gala to attend...........the big one up Poolside, or down in Bolero's.........(Dueling Pianos, don't ya know? ;))

Peace out.

Carol

glad you had a great cruise carol... can't rememeber if i mentioned that gregorys was a bit pricey?? sure hope i did.... but usually the food is well worth it....

You didn't :) but it sure was! ;)

Got back on board with a new friend in my purse with NO difficulty whatsoever. Ready to celebrate!!! (just waiting for Beth to finish getting ready - she didn't get back from scubadiving until 5:15...........first dinner seating at 6 - well, we won't make that, but we remembered to warn Savio. It's funny - our tablemates turned out to be divers, too, and Jim went with Beth, so we may all be late!!!)

AMY, AMY, AMY.......................guess what I just did about an hour ago?

Booked us on the Enchantment for NEXT New Year's Eve!

Come with us!!!! Carol :D

Carol -- You know.... I might just! I've been wanting to do a NYE cruise for the longest time... and you're booked on my favorite ship!!!

I also have some interesting info I recently received that I want to share with you... but I don't want to post it on these boards (my apologies to anyone else who may be reading and is now dying of curiosity!).

Anyway, Carol... when you get a chance email me (I believe my email is listed in my profile) and I'll fill you in.

Have fun and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Amy

Carol -- You know.... I might just! I've been wanting to do a NYE cruise for the longest time... and you're booked on my favorite ship!!!

I also have some interesting info I recently received that I want to share with you... but I don't want to post it on these boards (my apologies to anyone else who may be reading and is now dying of curiosity!).

Anyway, Carol... when you get a chance email me (I believe my email is listed in my profile) and I'll fill you in.

Have fun and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Amy

OMG, Amy, I was about to tell you the same thing. No, no email in your profile - Cruise Critic doesn't allow it. I hate to do this, but try this: you're in Philadelphia. I teach in the same town as my CC name. Figure out which school I teach in - and go to the school's website. There are only two Carols in the school. Mine is the longer last name. Hit my email from the website.

If this sounds insane, I'll figure something else out when I get home on Tuesday.

Carol

Just had a great lunch in the dining room. I really recommend this new lunch concept that RC is doing. 30 minute lunch, or something. I had thai peanut chicken lettuce wrap. REALLY yummy. Asked for fruit (not on menu) - they went and made me a fruit plate.

Everyone is SO nice and SO eager to please. I can't praise the Sovereign staff and crew highly enough.

Unbelievably crowded schedule today. We are at sea, but we're just cruising around in circles, since CoCoCay is about zero miles from Nassau, and we're not going there until tomorrow. Big show MATINEE as well as big show tonight. Love and Marriage at 10, The Quest at 11. Anyone else ever have both of those on one day?!?!?!?!?!?

Those are just the highlights. Also talk with Captain and senior staff (Q&A) and Platinum and Diamond reception (I think - Annesie can't get into our room because the kids are STILL asleep at this hour!) so I haven't seen the invitation yet.

Later gators. (yes, you too, Gordon ;))

Carol

Carol,

don't know you but LOVE your posts, make me smile.

Good for you for holding the line with your son. How old is he?

I was on the Monarch last year, and they had dueling pianos. My daughter and I had a blast with them. How was your date?

ENJOY! and thanks for the posts.

M

Thanks so much for the post. We are leaving on Sovereign on January 30th, can't wait!!

Hey obxlover, we are on the Sovereign on Jan 30th too! Come over to the meet the rest of us:D The more the merrier;) Sovereign of the Seas Jan 30, 2006 I'm Gayle (the mom), Jammie, girl child, & Ben, boy child. Kids love to scuba dive & I just love the ocean and the sand, and cruisen. See ya in about 29 days:D

What fun to live vicariously on a cruise with you!! I'm sure that you were able to tote your new RCCL bag (aren't they still giving those out to Platinum and Diamond members) off for more Jack D in between cruises.

You realize that by announcing your upcoming trip on the Enchantment, the RCCL reservation desk has been over run by "Merion Mom" cruise junkies trying to make bookings for this years New Years eve bash!:D

Thanks for your dark o'clock reviews. They are wonderful!! Happy New Year, and we look forward to more before the trip is over (even though I did suggest that you take a break this trip, and NOT write!!)

Rick

Just had a great lunch in the dining room. I really recommend this new lunch concept that RC is doing. 30 minute lunch, or something. I had thai peanut chicken lettuce wrap. REALLY yummy. Asked for fruit (not on menu) - they went and made me a fruit plate.

Everyone is SO nice and SO eager to please. I can't praise the Sovereign staff and crew highly enough.

Unbelievably crowded schedule today. We are at sea, but we're just cruising around in circles, since CoCoCay is about zero miles from Nassau, and we're not going there until tomorrow. Big show MATINEE as well as big show tonight. Love and Marriage at 10, The Quest at 11. Anyone else ever have both of those on one day?!?!?!?!?!?

Those are just the highlights. Also talk with Captain and senior staff (Q&A) and Platinum and Diamond reception (I think - Annesie can't get into our room because the kids are STILL asleep at this hour!) so I haven't seen the invitation yet.

Later gators. (yes, you too, Gordon ;))

Carol

Carol, this has been fun. Thanks for keeping us posted on the goings on.

What fun to live vicariously on a cruise with you!! I'm sure that you were able to tote your new RCCL bag (aren't they still giving those out to Platinum and Diamond members) off for more Jack D in between cruises.

Our cabin steward is SO good, that instead of bringing us a second set of RCCL tote bags for the second half of the B2B, she scouted up some hanging toiletry bags. Now we have six of those: Voyager, Enchantment, Sovereign.
You realize that by announcing your upcoming trip on the Enchantment, the RCCL reservation desk has been over run by "Merion Mom" cruise junkies trying to make bookings for this years New Years eve bash!:D
I am always slightly envious of those guys in big groups on board.....I would love to have a lot of happy CC faces with me next New Year's.

Thanks for your dark o'clock reviews. They are wonderful!! Happy New Year, and we look forward to more before the trip is over (even though I did suggest that you take a break this trip, and NOT write!!)
Happy to ignore your initial advice, Rick, and Happy New Year's back at you and all of yours.

My life onboard has developed very nicely. I really can't say more, as I don't want to get anyone into trouble. :D :D

Just got back from CoCoCay and we (yes, we, and I don't mean Beth & David - Beth was scuba diving again and David was ASLEEP still) had a glorious beach day. We walked and walked and walked and walked until we found a really really really really really really really secluded spot and...................

So Carol, since we have already booked the Freedom for 7/30 and the Radiance for 10/3 (roughly) why don't you book either of these ships so that we can watch you in action. We don't do holiday cruises anymore since DW retired as the Middle school dean of discipline (the _itch, not witch).

You write the funniest trip reports.

Archived