Japan in September 2018

mactire

We have been offered a trip to Japan in September 2018 which includes several hotel stays and a cruise on the Diamond Princess. We have been on her before and she is a lovely ship. Has anyone been in Japan at this time of year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Is August close enough? We did B2B on the Diamond and then a week in Tokyo. It was lovely. The weather was warm but not hot, the trip was great. Our only regret was that we didn't have more time to explore other cities. Is there something specific you want to know?

We were in Japan for cruise at the end of Oct 2017. W stayed in Tokyo and Kyoto for a week before a 20 day SE Asia cruise. During that time we experienced 3 typhoons, 2 of which were at sea. The first two ports were cancelled and we spent something like 8 nights at sea without setting foot in port. The joke was we were a ghost ship. The amazing part was that that time of year is supposed to be free of typhoons.

That being said we would still take this cruise again in a second even with the risk of typhoons.

I have been through many rough seas but the worst by far was between Hong Kong and Taiwan. Even I was a bit scared.

At the end of Oct to was a bit cold in Tokyo due to the storms. It should warmer in Sept.

• 2 months later...

Paul - we are on the Diamond Sept 25-Oct 7. We will be spending a few days in Kyoto and Tokyo prior to boarding Any tour guide suggestions? I can be e-mailed directly at joannsend gmail.. Also, any ports you visited where you might have used a non-princess cruise tour. Thanks!

micatre- if you happen to be on our cruise please let me know. Limited interest on the thread for this cruise and we hope to find others to do tours with