Internet

cruisesoon

Yesterday, we received the latest issue of the Seabourn Herald. Inside was a brochure re a 2019 93-day grand oceans exploration. I noted that the longer legs of this extended voyage include a "complimentary unlimited internet package per suite."

Note that this is per suite, not per passenger.

Yesterday, we received the latest issue of the Seabourn Herald. Inside was a brochure re a 2019 93-day grand oceans exploration. I noted that the longer legs of this extended voyage include a "complimentary unlimited internet package per suite."

Note that this is per suite, not per passenger.

That’s what we had on our 74 night sailing this year. The speed was abysmal.

If wifi becomes free and fast I wonder how long until rules are put in place of the "no watching loud movies in the restaurant" variety.

Or in Seabourn Square !

But if you must use your device in a public area, isn't it just good manners to use an earpiece or headphones ?:)

I’m not sure what’s causing the difference but the WiFi on Ovation is much, much faster than what we experienced on Sojourn and Encore recently. 28MB/second vs. 2 MB/second. So maybe there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

Floris

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m not sure what’s causing the difference but the WiFi on Ovation is much, much faster than what we experienced on Sojourn and Encore recently. 28MB/second vs. 2 MB/second. So maybe there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

Floris

One of the problems of comparing inet speeds is that location and number of passengers are big variables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floris

Floris: One can only hope. We are just off the Royal Princess, another of Carnival's products, and the internet was hopeless. We spent $400 for minutes during our 14-day crossing and had to resort to taking our devices to the few ports to set up shop to conduct basic business. Last day we had a crisis and were stuck without adequate internet support. Hopefully Carnival will someday upgrade all satellite connections.

By offering slow/unreliable/expensive Wifi perhaps they want to discourage the loud, intrusive "family chats" on Skype during dinner?

I've experienced that or worse yet, face time with the dogs back home. If having slow/expensive internet keeps those types of people away - I'm all for it. Also realistically speaking you're never going to get the speed/uptime at sea that you will on land so if thats what you "need" a cruise is not the "vacation" you're looking for.