Transportation In Venice

Will Be Arriving In Venice, Precruise, And Are Trying To Decide The Best Way To Get To Our Hotel. Locanda Orseola. (has Anyone Stayedthere)? Also,what About Purchasing The Venice Card For 3 Days. Will Appreciate Any Information.

Thanks Jermey

Jermey, do a search under this board for Venice and a wealth of info will pop up. I've written some comments as have others. I have a recent cruise review under Galaxy, Eastern Med for additional info.

I haven't stayed at that hotel, but you can take a water bus for about 12 E to San Marco, Water taxi for 80 E anywhere you want to, a bus for 3 E to the Piazzale Roma, then walk to your hotel. The Venice card can be good, depending what you want to do, the water bus aspect is really good and I would recommend that, you may not want to go to the museums?

Al

Jermey,

We stayed at Locanda Orseolo for 4 nights pre-cruise in May. You are in for a treat. We absolutely loved the hotel. We took a water taxi from the airport. We were told that the water taxi driver may try to drop you off at San Marco with an excuse that the water is too high to go directly to the hotel. We did what Bruno suggested and had the driver call the hotel. After a few minutes on his cell phone, we went directly to Locanda Orseolo's "water window". We thought that the price, 85 Euro was worth it after flying all night. Have fun.

Joan

We stayed there after our cruise in October and took a water taxi from the hotel to the airport. It's the easiet way to get to and from the airport. The hotel is near St. Mark's Square, but it would be a hike with luggage. The hotel is wonderful...you will love it! The owners make you feel right at home. We didn't purchase a Venice card because we walked everywhere. Part of the fun in Venice is just getting lost in the small streets. There are many small shops and restaurants off the beaten path. We used the vaporetto one time when we took a ride on the Grand Canal.

Hi Aussie,

From the ship we took a cruise provided water boat to St. Marks. As long as your're technically a passenger, they do that for you. I was on Millenium last Sept. from Barcelona to Venice. Lovely trip!! I cried when we had to leave the ship for good.

Archived