Parasailing Question

RanDe

take a water camera up ith you - I was too paranoid i would drop my good camera in so i ddin't take it up. the pix I got with my fuji watersport were great.

i usually keep my good camera (leather) in a ziplock baggy so it can't get wet, btu I can take pictures from the boat of my friends goin up

The only thing I'd worry about would be dropping the camera. I have taken a camera along, but made sure it was a cheaper, older, but good camera. As far as safety is concerned, before my first wife passed away, she was in a wheel chair, and we went parasailing. This was done off a platform boat, so there was not even any walking involved, just sat on the back of the boat, and the 'chute pulled us up. When the ride was over, we were just winched back down, sitting where we took off.

200601291500_13.gif

Thanks Mike! Mine is a pretty good digital camera, so I'd hate to take the chance of dropping it. On the other hand, that would give a reason to buy an SLR. :D

That's pretty neat that your first wife was able to go parasailing. I bet it was a wonderful time for her.

De

As far as what tour did we book, it was not in Key West, it was on the Gulf coast of Florida. I'm sorry I gave the wrong idea there, but I'm sure they use about the same system there. Yes, my wife really enjoyed it because it was done just a short time after her second hip replacement. We took some pictures in to show the surgeon, and he asked to keep one of them. he framed it and kept it on his desk.

200601291500_13.gif

What tour group did you book with for the parasailing? I will be be in Key West on Valentine's Day!

We booked through Sebago and we'll be there just one week before you on the Rhapsody.:)

De

As far as what tour did we book, it was not in Key West, it was on the Gulf coast of Florida. I'm sorry I gave the wrong idea there, but I'm sure they use about the same system there. Yes, my wife really enjoyed it because it was done just a short time after her second hip replacement. We took some pictures in to show the surgeon, and he asked to keep one of them. he framed it and kept it on his desk.

I bet the surgeon was shocked that she did that. :) I admire the determination and think it's great that he framed the pic for his desk.

De

My husband & I went parasailing in July with Quinn @ Parawest. Last week on our cruise we sent our 9 & 15 yr old up, again with Quinn. Alexis, his assistant is the best. You'll have a blast and yes, take a water camera, but Alexis will shoot a CD for you if you want.

My husband & I went parasailing in July with Quinn @ Parawest. Last week on our cruise we sent our 9 & 15 yr old up, again with Quinn. Alexis, his assistant is the best. You'll have a blast and yes, take a water camera, but Alexis will shoot a CD for you if you want.

Hi Monny, are they affliated with Sebago? I've heard that charge only $20 for a CD, did you get a lot of pics on it?

De

No, he is independent, but he is very reliable. His daughter, who is about my son's age, went with us. She's gone up countless times, so that says alot about my confidence in him. There are about 10 pictures on the CD-great shots. He charged $85.00 for a tandem and does several dips. Enjoy!

That price is w/o the CD. The CD is optional, as are the dips. But do the dips, they are a blast and its no further then your then your ankles. You might find a better deal, but not more personable and they only take a few people out at one time, so it takes less then an hour and you can still do more stuff on shore time.

Archived