Veendam vs Koingsdam

summer slope

Thank you so much for trying to help. I want to combine the cruise with Cuba and most of the Southern Caribbean. I'll just keep looking or go for the Veendam.

Recently did Cuba on the Veendam - it was fine. The smaller the ship, the less impact on the port is one more advantage. I also like to check to see who else is in port on the same day - that can make difference when choosing a certain ship and itinerary too, if all other aspects appear equal.

Ok...So we just sailed the Veendam last December (for the second time) and we sailed the Koningsdam the December before that and will sail Koningsdam again this coming December. So, I've been on both recently. Give that both have the same itineraries, it will depend on what's important to you. If you are a foodie, then go with the Koningsdam as they have Tamarind and a gelato place--Veendam does not. If you like using the pools and the spa facilities, then again go with the Koningsdam. The Veendam does not have an aft pool nor does it have the hydro pool in the spa area. If you are really into entertainment, then go with the Koningsdam--they have BB King's Blues but other than that, Veendam has as many musical places too. The Veendam is smaller and sometimes that can take getting used to--as was the case when we sailed. But the smallness never made it feel crowded and it was very nice having everyone--waiters, sales clerks, bartenders, the guy at the watch shop, etc. know you and wave to you. Everyone was so friendly and nice on the Veendam. I actually really liked both of them, but we are big on using the hydro pool, so for that reason we would choose the Koningsdam.