Meeting the ship at the next port. Is it possible?

Can someone tell me if this is possible...

Can we not get on the ship one night and meet at the next port.

Playing around with things to do and thinking we may want to take the train from LaSpeiza to Florence on our upcoming Symphony cruise that leaves from Barcelona.

Then, take a train right to Rome where she ports the next day. We would get a hotel in Rome for the night and then get back on the ship the next day in Civitavecchia. This makes so much sense as it’s only 1:20 on the train to Rome and the last one leaves at 9:30 pm. This would essentially be a shorter trip back than to LaSpeiza and we would be able to get an early start in Rome.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should be possible, but it definitely needs some pre-arangements with the cruiseline.

Before some smart people come up with comments like you could simply miss the ship, I don´t think you want to inconvenience thousand others with holding the ship looking for you at departure from La Spezia. So they need to know in advance you won´t get back on at that port. Also you don´t want any hassle when re-boarding at Civitavecchia, so again pre-arrange.

It should be possible, but it definitely needs some pre-arangements with the cruiseline.

Before some smart people come up with comments like you could simply miss the ship, I don´t think you want to inconvenience thousand others with holding the ship looking for you at departure from La Spezia. So they need to know in advance you won´t get back on at that port. Also you don´t want any hassle when re-boarding at Civitavecchia, so again pre-arrange.

I definitely would not do this. It just would be a win/win by getting more time in Florence and in Rome.