Departing from Galvaston or Miami?

Casey2

I am considering doing a Western Carribean itinerary in 2006. Royal Carribean leaves from Galvaston and Princess leaves from Miami. How far is the pier from the airports? Are they easy to get to from the airports? On our previous cruises,we have always arrived a day or two before sailing but I am not sure that we will be able to do it this time.

If you sail from Galveston, the closest airports are in Houston. Hobby Airport is about 40-45 minutes from Galveston if there are no traffic tie-ups at all, and Intercontinental (IAH) is a good hour and a half to get to. Just be warned that you never know what traffic disasters might lie ahead of you on Houston freeways, and you really have to just factor that into your schedule. I'm not trying to discourage you -- I just have 20+ years experience driving in Houston. :) You just really never know.

You can go to www.galvestoncruises.com and click on "transportation" on the right hand side, and there you can find driving directions from the Houston airports as well as transport options to get to the pier.

Happy sailing!

-gina-

Archived