Does Serenade make a stop at St. Croix to bunker?

erniesband

We've done this itinerary several times, and have always bunkered in San Juan. Is Serenade bunkering in St. Croix now? I'd love the opportunity to get off the ship and walk around there!

Jodi

I believe they were earlier this year, don't know if they still are. As I recall it was a fairly short stop.

On my So Carib cruise the Serenade did not stop in St. Croix.

On my Panama Canal cruise the ship did stop in St. Croix to fuel up.

We were able to get off ths ship and go onto land for a few hours.

This all happened at night.

The locals were fun and friendly and passed out a lot of tourism info and they were re doing the dock for ships and tourism.

The answer is "maybe". We were supposed to stop there on Sun. eve from 8:30 to 11:30 but it was "too rough" for the bunkering so we did not stop. (That was 11/27) But the next week we did stop and people did get off. From what I understood the Captain to say, they really only have to bunker every 3 weeks and the reason they stop there is because of the fuel contract (lower cost). So I don't know if they are scheduled for every week or every other week etc. So the answer is "maybe" but don't count on it. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks, Skiiergirl - I'm hoping this is an "on" week. I didn't realize they only bunkered every three weeks - every time we embark in San Juan (and that's been almost every year since 1999) there's a fuel barge nestled up to the ship. We're always there when they need to bunker? Wonder what the odds of that are?

Jodi

Thanks for the info, lljost. Serenade is normally in St. Thomas on Sundays, was scheduled for a sea day due to it's being New Year's day. It'll be a treat for those aboard her. We're on the 1/7 cruise, so I guess this means we won't get to go to St. Croix.

Jodi

Thanks, Skiiergirl - I'm hoping this is an "on" week. I didn't realize they only bunkered every three weeks - every time we embark in San Juan (and that's been almost every year since 1999) there's a fuel barge nestled up to the ship. We're always there when they need to bunker? Wonder what the odds of that are?

Jodi

I think they "bunker" every week in SJU and refill as often as possible in St. Croix. I think they only "have to" bunker every 3 weeks. In other words....I think they take on fuel much more often than needed but if conditions warranted could "run" the ship for 3 weeks without taking on fuel if it were necessary. Sorry if I explained it wrong yesterday. I was trying to say that the fuel stop in St. C is not necessary and not to plan on it and not to worry that you would run out of fuel. LOL

I think they "bunker" every week in SJU and refuel as often as possible in St. Croix. I think they only "have to" bunker every 3 weeks. In other words....I think they take on fuel much more often than needed but if conditions warranted could "run" the ship for 3 weeks without taking on fuel if it were necessary. Sorry if I explained it wrong yesterday. I was trying to say that the fuel stop in St. C is not necessary every week and not to plan on it as a "port" and not to worry that you would run out of fuel. LOL

XXXXX

Archived