port shuttle bus from Civitavecchia to Rome not pre booked?

Cancruizer

Hi, someone told me that they were planning to take the rain to Rome from the port post cruise, and that there were coach style buses waiting for passengers and basically offered bus transfers to Rome for cruise passengers and it was not pre-booked. Does anyone know anything about this and how much it costs? Thanks!!

Hi, someone told me that they were planning to take the rain to Rome from the port post cruise, and that there were coach style buses waiting for passengers and basically offered bus transfers to Rome for cruise passengers and it was not pre-booked. Does anyone know anything about this and how much it costs? Thanks!!

Hi,

We are on the same cruise. I just booked a shared shuttle for 75€. That is the price for TWO people. I have actually created a group for transport from Civitavecchia to Rome City Center hotels for 8:00 am I will open it up to our group as soon as it is posted. It will take a day or two. There will be 6 remaining spots in the van. Princess transfers are $80 pp and all other private services I’ve found are €130 for two, so this is a great deal.

Take a look at

Civitavecchia Shuttle Express dot com

Hi,

We are on the same cruise. I just booked a shared shuttle for 75€. That is the price for TWO people. I have actually created a group for transport from Civitavecchia to Rome City Center hotels for 8:00 am I will open it up to our group as soon as it is posted. It will take a day or two. There will be 6 remaining spots in the van. Princess transfers are $80 pp and all other private services I’ve found are €130 for two, so this is a great deal.

That sounds great. Do you know if we have to pre-pay? I don`t like to make payments until final payment dates of the cruise, just in case :-)

Take a look at

Civitavecchia Shuttle Express dot com

Yes, I saw this too. However, the coach bus up to 55 passengers doesn`t show a price. I thought perhaps someone on the board may have done this in the past. Thanks :-)

CIVITAVECCHIA PORT FROM/TO ROME CITY OR FIUMICINO AIRPORT

sedan_check.png

van_check.png

coach_check.png PAX1/2345678Up to 55 Pax

SHUTTLE- €

85100115125NANANA

PRIVATE - €

contact us

*VAT includ

That sounds great. Do you know if we have to pre-pay? I don`t like to make payments until final payment dates of the cruise, just in case :-)

Hi,

Yes, we have to prepay once the group reaches 5 people or more.

I have just posted all the info on our board. They won’t pre charge if the Group remains at 1-4. 5-8 theycwill charge your credit card

According to the site it is fully cancellable until 7 days before.

Van will drive right into the port so we don’t have to shuttle to a van, either and deliver all passengers directly to their hotels. Max of 8 people. No busses for us! LOL

Also, keep in mind, our money might grow weaker against the Euro in the next six months, so pre-payment in this case might not be such a bad deal [emoji3]. Of course, our money could grow stronger, too. (I’m not getting that feeling though.)

We usually don’t prepay either, but this company seems to have good reviews via TrioAdvisor, and it is actually arranged via the

Civitavecchia Port web site.

You can check it out and see what you think. [emoji2]

Last year when we cruised from / to Civitavechia I looked at many different options and I did see on this board a link to this bus option: http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/destinations/rome/rome-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=103&category_id=12

We did not use them because we found a company that provided us with a transfer for 8 with luggage for 150 euros, so it was more convenient, We did not prepay and they did not require CC for the booking

Wieslaw could you share the company that you used? We now have older ladies going with us so the train is looking a lot harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, I found the company that we used on trip advisor and read many reviews. that others have posted there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187791-d2370877-Reviews-Antonio_Cagnoli_and_Son_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html

I posted my review on trip advisor as well.

I wrote to them and they responded very quickly. They did not require a credit card. I did inquire about a payment using CC or paypal and they responded that if I use CC they charge additional 5% to cover the cost of the transaction.

There were 8 of us traveling/cruising so the price was very reasonable that they charged us.

If you decide to use/book them I can provide the email adress /web site that we used.

Edited by wieslaw

Hi, I found the company that we used on trip advisor and read many reviews. that others have posted there.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187791-d2370877-Reviews-Antonio_Cagnoli_and_Son_Day_Tours-Rome_Lazio.html

I posted my review on trip advisor as well.

I wrote to them and they responded very quickly. They did not require a credit card. I did inquire about a payment using CC or paypal and they responded that if I use CC they charge additional 5% to cover the cost of the transaction.

There were 8 of us traveling/cruising so the price was very reasonable that they charged us.

If you decide to use/book them I can provide the email adress /web site that we used.

Thanks. I think I found the web site http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.com/ @150 E for 8 people without pre payment that's quite good. I appreciate the recommendation and review :-)

Last year when we cruised from / to Civitavechia I looked at many different options and I did see on this board a link to this bus option: http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/destinations/rome/rome-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=103&category_id=12

We did not use them because we found a company that provided us with a transfer for 8 with luggage for 150 euros, so it was more convenient, We did not prepay and they did not require CC for the booking

Thanks for the great info. So glad I asked this question here. CC is amazing!!! I think a small group shuttle will be more convenient and almost as economical :-)

Thanks. I think I found the web site http://www.civitavecchiatransferlimo.com/ @150 E for 8 people without pre payment that's quite good. I appreciate the recommendation and review :-)

Hi,

yes that is the one that we used and we were very happy with the service and attention that we received. Both drivers were very helpful and both spoke English very well.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the link to smartcruisetours, wieslaw. That's the cheapest per person rate I've seen in all my research. We are a couple, not a group. Has anyone used them who can comment on their reliability? There are some comments on TripAdviser but these are about their tours of Rome not about their transfers from the port on disembarkation.

Thanks for the link to smartcruisetours, wieslaw. That's the cheapest per person rate I've seen in all my research. We are a couple, not a group. Has anyone used them who can comment on their reliability? There are some comments on TripAdviser but these are about their tours of Rome not about their transfers from the port on disembarkation.

Hi, I did not use them ...... but I did see some comments on this board. You may use the 'search' function. I just did and found some threads and posts with comments. Here is a link to one of them :

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2517407&highlight=smartcruisetours