Tips for drinks?

cremebrulee

When tipping the bartender/server for drinks in the bar or lido-do you carry around your cash and hand it out?

Or is it possible to place the tip on the S&S card? If on the S&S card to you have to let them know verbally, " please add X amount for the tip?:(

Thanks- leavin' on Sunday so living on these boards !!:D

the tips are already on your sign and sail card-- everytime you get a drink you will be charged the 15% gratuity.

If you want to tip extra above that-- tip in cash

tips on sign and sail are pooled with all bartenders and service waiters.

While the 15% tip is included, I will give an extra tip to those who provide extra service, normally on the last night. Theresita in the Piano Bar on the Pride last New Year's was exceptional, always remembered what I was having, bringing snacks (like I needed more to eat) and SMILING. I hope she's there again this year! Are you packed yet?:D I've got to go hit the dry cleaners!

See you next week

Ron

Serene,

I didn't think cocktail wait staff tips were pooled. From my experience there was certainly a "competition" to get the drink orders. Also, I've seen staff argue about location assignments, tips being better on the deck.

Creme - Every time you order a drink, a 15% tip is automatically added, so no need to tip additionally.

The tips that are on your S&S account don't include bar waiters - only cabin stewards, dining room waiters, and Lido buffet personnel.

I was under the impression that the tips from bar orders were later given to the individual waiters and the bartender who mixed the drink, as their employee numbers are encoded on the bar ticket.:confused:

Serene,

I didn't think cocktail wait staff tips were pooled. From my experience there was certainly a "competition" to get the drink orders. Also, I've seen staff argue about location assignments, tips being better on the deck.

In the "Back to the Floor" episode, I believe Bob said the tips were pooled, but they earned incentives on how many drinks they sold each day, I believe they also had a "minimum" number of drinks to sell as well... I could be wrong, it's been a while, but I think that is what he said.

Archived