Kosher Menu

DChudnow

Matisyahu is no longer religious. If you are THAT frum it’s nearly impossible to go on a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on a cruise in December with a very frum (observant) couple on their honeymoon. We spoke about what they were eating and it was prepackaged food that they had pre-ordered through Carnival. They had no complaints and it looked edible.

Did the cruise start or end on Saturday? Did they see scantily clad women? Did they hear women singing?

What was the point of your question. From your posts here it seem like this issue strikes a nerve.

I think everyone does what they feel comfortable with. One doesn’t have to answer to anyone but the one above. If you feel you are doing right than so be it. Package meals, double wrapped food or the regular menu - just enjoy and he courteous to all your fellow travelers. Respect them as people and you too will be accepted.

But to answer your question - observant Jews will usually not start or end a cruise on Saturday. And if scantly dressed people are offensive to a person than cruising would probably not be their choice of vacation.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have an image of a kosher menu (or inventory) from a past Carnival cruise? I understand they are reheated airplane style meals, but I cannot seem to find a recent menu posted anywhere.

Thanks!

OP, did you end up getting a menu? Can you please post?

Think of kashrut as Jewish OCD. You need at least 4 sets of plates and silverware etc and if you mess up the plate you need to either submerge it in the mikvah (ritual bath) or bury it.

I don't remember if it was one of my husband's or my relatives, but there was a story about a dairy knife accidentally used to cut beef. :eek:The relative stuck the knife in the soil of a potted plant for the required amount of time. :D