Pride, to be assigned statrooms

idraconis

Due to unforeseen mixup, I canceled then re- book my cruise. I have the same category stateroom and was told I would be assigned the stateroom dock side. I did call back a few days later and was told a few weeks before the cruise I'd be notified. Has anyone ever or know someone who has been in this situation, and did they get their assigned staterooms the day of or weeks before their cruise. Thanks.

Sounds like you now have a "guaranteed" stateroom. This means they will assign your room when they are ready based on whatever rooms are left unsold. I have booked this category once or twice and I always got my room assignment a few weeks before sailing, others have said they didn't know what room it was until they got there.

It just all depends on Carnival. All you can do is keep watching your booking to see if a room is assigned.

Not quite the same as re-booking a cruise, but due to price drops, we "gave up" a booked 4K "inside" cabin for a guaranteed balcony cabin on the Pride. After we changed to the guaranteed balcony, we received our cabin assignment about 4-5 weeks prior to sailing. Over the 4-5 week time, there were 3 more price drops. Each time we applied for the drop, we had to "give up" our guaranteed balcony we were originally assigned, but each time after the price drops we were "reassigned" the same balcony cabin. All stayed "stable" the last 2-3 weeks prior to the cruise.