Any Recent SXM Spyder Renters out there?

Mickey_Maniac

We are thinking about renting a Spyder from SXM Spyder Rentals for a self tour of St. Maarten. I've seen lots of good reviews here on CC and on TripAdvisor, but most of them are a bit older. I understand the company has recently undergone an ownership change. Has anyone rented from them lately that could provide some feedback?

Was insurance required or available?

Were any discounts offered?

How was it getting around the island?

etc, etc...

Thanks in advance

We are thinking about renting a Spyder from SXM Spyder Rentals for a self tour of St. Maarten. I've seen lots of good reviews here on CC and on TripAdvisor, but most of them are a bit older. I understand the company has recently undergone an ownership change. Has anyone rented from them lately that could provide some feedback?

Was insurance required or available?

Were any discounts offered?

How was it getting around the island?

etc, etc...

Thanks in advance

Can I assume you are going on Oasis in October? If so, I can come back in about 38 days and give you a full report. I'm sure it will be part of my review in the Royal Caribbean forum as well. I booked our upcoming Jewel cruise 700 days ago and of course you know the Hurricane's that happened last fall. These happened about the time I was considering this tour. I left an inquiry on their website perhaps a month after the hurricanes? I didn't expect to hear anything right away knowing they had more important matters, but sometime around January I got an email blast that they were up and running. .

I went back to their website with an inquiry, and got very fast friendly replies. We were not interested in a guided tour as we have been to the island several times. I did ask if the Spyders have a 12volt port as I was thinking of bringing my own GPS. They replied that this was a good idea and they were going to buy a couple for this bikes and I would be provided one no charge since it was my idea. We are going with another couple and will be there May 1st. We plan on driving up to the Orient area for teh day and driving back in plenty of time to get on the ship. Their office is about a 10 minute walk from the pier area. I never use the water taxi and always walk back to the ship from downtown and I've passed their location a few times.

Anyway, they have been great communicators and they do spell out the insurance issues on their site. I've been very happy with their communication and will report back with pictures in early May.

Edited by BillOh

BillOh, Thanks, yes we are on the Oasis in October. Any feedback you can provide when you get back would be greatly appreciated, but it sounds like it's off to a good start. If possible, please include some pictures of the Spyders. I'm trying to convince the wife that they are safe and that she wont fall off the back ;)

BillOh, Thanks, yes we are on the Oasis in October. Any feedback you can provide when you get back would be greatly appreciated, but it sounds like it's off to a good start. If possible, please include some pictures of the Spyders. I'm trying to convince the wife that they are safe and that she wont fall off the back ;)

I will do that, I did download this one from their site.

sxmspyder.jpg

We test drove them here in Columbus, Ohio and this might be our trial before we buy.

We had a great time.

I'd love to purchase one, but figure I'll get through the first trial run before broaching that subject...

I'll definitely be back here after my trip. Enjoy Oasis, we love that ship and class of ship. I mentioned this idea in my roll call and another couple decided to join us.

I found this picture of our test ride we took locally. I think this was 2013.

testride.jpg

I'll be following this, we'll be there in June and this sounds like it would be fun.

I agree, I’ve seen Spyders on the road and always thought they looked really cool. I can’t wait to actually try one. My wife is even thinking of getting her own, and she can’t stand motorcycles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WE signed up for a rental Spyder ! Hope to see Maho and Orient Beach and see the rest of the island.

Our cruise leaves April 14th for 8 days.

Good luck! When you get back, I will be a week away from heading there myself.

This is only our second cruise. Last one was on Navigator and at the time we thought that ship was huge. I cant imagine what the Oasis is going to feel like.

My advice on the Oasis, study the deck plans. Even though there was 5000 people on board, it doesn't feel crowded if you go prepared. The only place I felt was crowded was the Promenade deck 5 during a sale, or character parade.

Looking forward to your news and reviews on your returns. We will be returning to St. Maarten mid May and are considering these rentals. I have not found a price yet. Could someone help me out?

You can see the prices on the website. http://Www.sxmspyderrental.com under the services tab.

• 2 weeks later...
WE signed up for a rental Spyder ! Hope to see Maho and Orient Beach and see the rest of the island.

I'm a week away, hope you had a good time.

Did anyone rent one of these? We are going on Adventure next week and my husband was interested in renting one of these.

Are you limited on where you can go due to hurricane damage?

Also, I can't remember, do they drive on the left side if the road there?

Did anyone rent one of these? We are going on Adventure next week and my husband was interested in renting one of these.

Are you limited on where you can go due to hurricane damage?

Also, I can't remember, do they drive on the left side if the road there?

Right

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did you guys do the Spyder rental? We are going next week and wanted to try this but my husband wanted to hear from someone who rented one recently. Did they supply the helmets?