New to MSC - New to Suite Life (Yacht Club)

jenniferop

Hello,

DH and I have cruised many times; NCL, Carnival, RC and Princess, this will be our first time on MSC and our first time in a Suite. MSC was so tempting with the great pricing, that we jumped at the chance to take a Med cruise in the Yacht Club for not much more than what we would normally spend on a Caribbean cruise.

My question is I have read on these boards before about emails, back and forth, before the cruise on other lines with the Concierge about pre-booking or pre-arranging items for the Suite...Does MSC do this? I booked with a TA will they still reach out to me or her?

We have 2 Suites next to each other - DH and myself then my DS and DM next door, since we eat in the Yacht Club Restaurant do we need to request that we are linked and can eat together or will they be fine with us just showing up and eating together at whatever time we want? I'm going to book most excursions before the cruise so I'm not sure what we would even need from the Concierge, or what they actually do?

Can anyone think of any advice they might offer?

For either; MSC, the Yacht Club, the ports (this is our first Med Cruise - but we have been to Europe before). We leave from Rome, La Spezia, Genoa, Cannes, La Palma, Barcelona, Ajaccio back to Rome.

We will be on the MSC Fantasia Sept 28-Oct 5...flying in on the 27th and flying home on the 8th.

Thank you.

On a previous YC cruise, we met the dining room Matre'd in the YC Lounge when we checked in, and he arranged our dining preference for our small group. It seemed he preferred for us to choose a standard dining time ach evening, and not try to schedule different times each night. It worked out great because we got the same table and dining room staff each evening, and they took great care of us.

The concierge can make show reservations, but kind of prefer for you to use the electronic method, but they can also alleviate the need to run down to customer services for anything. You can call them to have a pizza delivered to your room, which is a very nice treat.