Pools on Seaside

LovetheCubs

I understand the pools on the Seaside are not kid friendly due to their depth. But my girls love to swim and I know they will be in the water no matter what! My question is what do other kids do in the pool? Are we allowed to bring goggles, dive sticks, any kinds of toys for them to play with in the pool?

Yes the pools are all 5-6 feet deep so not child friendly (or adult friendly for my non-swimming husband). I don’t think goggles or a dive stick would be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Europe pools are for swimming, not for standing. In the Netherlands 95% op all people (from 7 years old) can swim. In most countries in Europe the majority can swim...so it is logical, that you have deep pools.

In Europe pools are for swimming, not for standing. In the Netherlands 95% op all people (from 7 years old) can swim. In most countries in Europe the majority can swim...so it is logical, that you have deep pools.

Great thanks for the lesson! But I didn’t ask why the pools are deep! I don’t really care since it’s the design and I can’t do anything about it! My kids are very good swimmers! My question was what the kids did in the deep pools for fun and if we are allowed to bring any toys!

Pools are 6'3 and 6'5 Miami and south beach pools. Kiddie pool is shallow but the sewer smell is horribe there.

'

'

I was on the ship last week and didn’t smell anything.

The pools are 5’3” deep and there is a shallow water “ledge” around all of them. The jungle pool has a small kid are in the back and the kid water park has a shallow (maybe around 2 feet deep) pool.

We loved the jungle pool. There was a lot of room and the pools felt small enough for the kids to easily swim across. Many kids had floats and goggles. I didn’t see dive sticks, but I’m sure they would be okay. The Miami Beach pool had a cool waterfall area in the back.

I know the pools depth got a bit of a bad review on here, and I was pretty worried about it before we went. I wasn’t sure what my kids would do! Anyway, it worked out great; I couldn’t get the kids out of the water!

Enjoy your trip; we loved it.

That’s cool! I didn’t know that; thanks for sharing!

Pools are 6'3 and 6'5 Miami and south beach pools. Kiddie pool is shallow but the sewer smell is horribe there.'

Wow was there March 3 thru the 10th and absolutely no small at all... other than chlorine.. but have no idea what you were smelling.

We loved the jungle pool. There was a lot of room and the pools felt small enough for the kids to easily swim across. Many kids had floats and goggles. I didn’t see dive sticks, but I’m sure they would be okay. The Miami Beach pool had a cool waterfall area in the back.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can I ask what kind of floats kids had? Just getting my packing lists together!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Can I ask what kind of floats kids had? Just getting my packing lists together!

My daughter had a puddle jumper on (a few other kids, too). I saw a couple of the pool noodles as well. Most of the kids would swim a bit and then hang out on the side

You are off by a foot. I am exactly 6 feet tall and cannot stand in any of the pools on Seaside. Believe me, I tried.

You are both right. There are 2 levels that they would fill the pools to. One level was about 5 3 and the other was over 6. It depended on the day, and perhaps sea conditions as to which level the pool was at.