Flam in July

My husband and I are cruising the Fjords end of July, I would like to book the train in Flam. As my husband suffers from emphaseama, I am a little concerned that it might be too cold when train reaches top of mountain. Think my question is how cold, and has anyone had breathing problems when reaching sumit

The trains are warm inside even if the mountain air isn't - I've experienced it pretty warm (20C in April!) and less so on the second visit (about 14C in September). There's the option to simply stay on the train though if it might be too cold, the train goes up and down the valley from Flam port to Myrddal in a straight line, so perhaps if the weather isn't so great he could stay on the train all the way up and back down? The views are spectacular even from inside!

We didn't book with the ship's tour the second time as it was so much more expensive than buying a ticket from Flam train station. Check whether any other ships are due in with yours - http://crew-center.com/flam-norway-cruise-ship-schedule-2018, I'd read advise on these very forums that the train can sell out if more than one ship is in - so then pre-booking would be more important. When we visited on CMV Magellan it was the only ship and there were tons of spaces available (the first train was only half full!). If you're on a very large ship I guess even the one ship could cause a problem though...

My husband and I are cruising the Fjords end of July, I would like to book the train in Flam. As my husband suffers from emphaseama, I am a little concerned that it might be too cold when train reaches top of mountain. Think my question is how cold, and has anyone had breathing problems when reaching sumit
The train doesn't go to the top of a mountain. It goes up the valley to join the main line to/from Bergen. No altitude problems.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

There are other threads about Flam Railway - we did the Thomson/Marella tour, coach trip to Voss, lunch there, then main train from Voss to Myrdal where we picked up the Flam train back down. The morning was good lots of waterfalls etc. Would strongly recommend and at least you are guaranteed a place on the Flam train. We did July and the weather was warm with the odd shower.