Help an msc newbie!

Lmm79

considering a MSC cruise for summer of 19. All these caterfories have got me super confused. Any help would be appreciated.

About us- we have only cruise with RCCL- usually on a jr suite. We have a then 5 year old and then 9 year old. They like kids club and like to swim. We are fortunate the the 1500 difference from a suite to yacht club would not effect our overall budget much but don’t want to waste money if we wouldn’t get much out of yacht club

We eat mostly specialty on RCCL. I am not a big fan of the food in the MDR. Food being good is important.

My kids will use the kids club and want to swim.

Any advice would be appreciated.

In case it matters we did a status match and have the 2nd highest (plat.?) due to having diamond status with Hilton.

considering a MSC cruise for summer of 19. All these caterfories have got me super confused. Any help would be appreciated.

About us- we have only cruise with RCCL- usually on a jr suite. We have a then 5 year old and then 9 year old. They like kids club and like to swim. We are fortunate the the 1500 difference from a suite to yacht club would not effect our overall budget much but don’t want to waste money if we wouldn’t get much out of yacht club

We eat mostly specialty on RCCL. I am not a big fan of the food in the MDR. Food being good is important.

My kids will use the kids club and want to swim.

Any advice would be appreciated.

In case it matters we did a status match and have the 2nd highest (plat.?) due to having diamond status with Hilton.

Categories

Bella :- is the very basic entry level ( it is lower than the basic entry level they used to have)

with this it is quite possible to have your dinner in a special area of the buffet ( with the full MDR service) and not in an MDR

there is no fee delivery of room service.

Fantastica:- this is where the old entry level used to be

Here you are guaranteed a seat in an MDR at designated sittings, and free delivery of room service

Aurea :- This is the premium level, and comes with an all inclusive drinks package, a complimentary massage, use of an exclusive sun deck. my time dining in a dedicated part of the MDR, complimentary use of the thermal area of the spa.

Yacht Club :-

This is the luxury level and is a restricted access area of the ship which has a dedicated restaurant, it's own sundeck and forward facing lounge. it comes with the premium all inclusive drinks package, butler service , concierge service free minibar, and priority boarding

The food is different to the MDR menus and IMHO a step above the MDR fare.

There are assorted snacks available all the time.

this is probably the choice for you if food is important to you.

I've never seen the kids club swimming as part of their activities. I've never cruised myself with kids.

Only the larger ships have a reasonable number of specialty dining venues

if you have matched to Gold, the 2nd highest. there are precious few perks worth having, they come with the top level BLACK

pete