Have you paid with Payoneer?

IslandThyme

I'm trying to arrange a private tour in Petropavlovsk and they want to be paid via Payoneer. I've never heard of it, but there are a bunch of mixed reviews all over the the Internet. My TA has never heard of it either. Do you have any personal experience with this method of payment?

It appears not. I had to look up Payoneer to see if it was area specific, which it doesn't appear to be. It's a lesser known electronic payment method like PayPal. Let us know how it works for you.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Well, I'm not sure that other folks will want to join the tour and pay this way, since we have no point of reference. But if I do manage to pull it together, I will definitely report back.

(Hi to Saskatoon from a former Regina resident)

there are a bunch of mixed reviews all over the the Internet

I have no personal experience with it but I would say pay attention to those "mixed" reviews. I recently saw an outstanding deal for a hotel on a travel site (one of the ones that shows hotel rates from various other sites) . Digging through the reviews for the actual site that was supposedly offering the rate convinced me I did NOT want to risk my personal data and my cc # by using the site.

Dig through the reviews you can find. If most of the positive ones sound like they were written by employees, think long and hard about using that payment service.

I'm trying to arrange a private tour in Petropavlovsk and they want to be paid via Payoneer. I've never heard of it, but there are a bunch of mixed reviews all over the the Internet. My TA has never heard of it either. Do you have any personal experience with this method of payment?

Can you share this tour website with us, please. I, as well as many others, are having difficulty finding any independent tours for this port. Thanks.

WE used Payoneer this past January for a private tour and it went perfectly well. On the other hand, we had to use PayPal for a tour. When the vendor had to cancel the tour due to bad weather, she gave usa refund but PayPal was difficult. PayPal charged a fee so we did not receive the entire amount and it took me weeks before someone could explain how to get the money back. PayPal would not return the money to my credit card but required my band account to return the money. I did not want PayPal to have access to my banking account. After the money appeared, I had my bank account flag and not issue any fees etc to PayPal. I use my credit card for PayPal and hope to avoid using that service.