Upgrade offer on Sunshine

Just received an upgrade offer - from Deck 9 to Deck 11 (spa) - for $44. Question...can I enjoy all the "perks" that come with a spa deck stateroom with just an upgrade? Will probably accept the upgrade since it's that much closer to Serenity area - a perk in my books - but just curious if I have access to all spa deck has to offer. Thanks

The spa is actually on Deck 10 but Deck 11 is mostly spa balcony (and a few spa interior) rooms. One thing to note is there are less elevators on 11 & 12, so you may have to walk down to 10 to catch an elevator quicker. I’m booked for December on deck 11 and haven’t been on the ship yet but this is all information I’ve read.

Edited by greenenvy
Added interior rooms to deck 11 description

Do it. We were on deck 11 spa balcony and if near the end of the hallway you are steps away from the serenity deck that has the pool. Yes, on elevators, but takes 30 seconds to walk down to 10 to catch more elevators. 11 was less busy than 10 due to spa and gym being on 10. Well worth it.

I was offered 10 or 11 the other day for 118 upsell but now when I called to go from 10 to 11 one floor they want another 108.00 to move ..ugh even though there is plenty of rooms , would you do it ? they said once you except the terms and cond it stays ...

No, an extra $118 to just go up one floor is not worth it.

Please double check.....a few years back we upgraded to a spa balcony and DID NOT receive the spa amenities. It was convenient

for working out, showering etc. but we didn't receive the slippers, or anything extra in the cabin.

Hope you do!

Just received an upgrade offer a few days ago. I am currently booked on deck 8 for a New Years Cruise. I received an offer to upgrade to deck 11 spa balcony for $44 (3 people in our cabin). I declined the offer as my daughter (14 y.o) will be travelling with my husband and I and a spa room is not the best place to be with a minor. The room offered was the second cabin in from the pool. The only way my daughter would be able to leave the corridor would be to go down the internal stairs or elevator. Not out to the serenity deck. Too bad but it was not a great offer to accept with a minor.

Hopefully someone else will enjoy it.

• 1 month later...