Dining Experiences-- Animator's Palate-Magic on Pirate Night. Is that a conflict?

ccmcg

Hi! It's been 12 years since we sailed with Disney, and we're looking forward to cruising in May with extended family members who have never cruised before. I am currently looking at the rotational dining sequence options so we can make a request for the one we like best and hopefully plan our Palo night when it won't conflict with Pirate Night or the Animator's Palate Crush or Magic shows. We definitely don't want to miss those! Here is my question though. One of the rotational dining sequences (and the one that we otherwise like best) appears to have scheduled Animator's Palate-Magic Experience on Pirate Night. Has anyone who has sailed been in this situation? The Magic show at AP was one of my favorite parts of our last Disney cruise, and I am really looking forward to seeing the reactions of my sons, niece, and nephews. If dining there when both events were scheduled the same night would mean that we would miss out on something, then I'd rather choose another rotation sequence. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your guidance.

Hi! It's been 12 years since we sailed with Disney, and we're looking forward to cruising in May with extended family members who have never cruised before. I am currently looking at the rotational dining sequence options so we can make a request for the one we like best and hopefully plan our Palo night when it won't conflict with Pirate Night or the Animator's Palate Crush or Magic shows. We definitely don't want to miss those! Here is my question though. One of the rotational dining sequences (and the one that we otherwise like best) appears to have scheduled Animator's Palate-Magic Experience on Pirate Night. Has anyone who has sailed been in this situation? The Magic show at AP was one of my favorite parts of our last Disney cruise, and I am really looking forward to seeing the reactions of my sons, niece, and nephews. If dining there when both events were scheduled the same night would mean that we would miss out on something, then I'd rather choose another rotation sequence. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE for your guidance.

What ship? How long a cruise?

Each ship/itinerary has different possibilities.

Very true. Sorry. I should have said that. We are sailing on the Fantasy for 7 nights.

Typically, on the Fantasy, the first 3 nights you have the Standard Rotational menu in each dining room.

Then, depending on a whole bunch of options, the subsequent nights are Princess & Princess, Pirates, Captain's Gala, and See Ya Real Soon menus.

Now, if you're on a Star Wars, Halloween, or Christmas cruise, there are variations to that.

What night do you have Pirate night? That varies, depending on itinerary.

Typically, on the Fantasy, the first 3 nights you have the Standard Rotational menu in each dining room.

Then, depending on a whole bunch of options, the subsequent nights are Princess & Princess, Pirates, Captain's Gala, and See Ya Real Soon menus.

Now, if you're on a Star Wars, Halloween, or Christmas cruise, there are variations to that.

What night do you have Pirate night? That varies, depending on itinerary.

We have Pirate Night on Thursday (5th night.)

We have Pirate Night on Thursday (5th night.)

Is this a Star Wars cruise?

The basic menu rotation is:

Night 1 - Rotation menu/Crush if in AP

Night 2 - Rotation menu [formal night] /Crush ifin AP

Night 3 - Rotation menu /Crush if in AP

Night 4 - Prince & Princess menu / Animation Magic if in AP

Night 5 - Pirate menu

Night 6 - Captain's Gala [semiformal night] / Animation Magic if in AP

Night 7 - See You Real Soon menu / Animation Magic if in AP

Hi All, we are new to Disney cruises and taking our first this May on the Wonder. It is a five day from San Diego. I have heard that the dining is one of the best experiences with the various shows especially the one in Animator's dining room.

However, reviews of Palo are also good and friends have highly suggested we try it. The only time still available is sail away night. I have booked it but having second thoughts especially after reading some of the comments on this thread. I would like to try Palo but not at the expense of missing some great show or experience in the dining rooms especially since this is only a five day cruise and as I understand it we will not know what rotation we are assigned until we board.

So my question to you experienced Disney cruisers is would you recommend I keep the Palo reservation or wait until a future cruise and just experience the dining rotation on this cruise. Thanks for your help.

Hi All, we are new to Disney cruises and taking our first this May on the Wonder. It is a five day from San Diego. I have heard that the dining is one of the best experiences with the various shows especially the one in Animator's dining room.

However, reviews of Palo are also good and friends have highly suggested we try it. The only time still available is sail away night. I have booked it but having second thoughts especially after reading some of the comments on this thread. I would like to try Palo but not at the expense of missing some great show or experience in the dining rooms especially since this is only a five day cruise and as I understand it we will not know what rotation we are assigned until we board.

So my question to you experienced Disney cruisers is would you recommend I keep the Palo reservation or wait until a future cruise and just experience the dining rotation on this cruise. Thanks for your help.

We view vacation as family time, and for that reason did not schedule Palo until my daughter was 18. On the other hand, I can understand the concept of an adults only date night. Honestly, on your first cruise, I'd skip Palo. That will give you a chance to experience 5 of the typical offerings, and when you come back you'll have a better handle on which one you wouldn't mind missing.

Cltdad and Moki'sMommy, thanks for your comments. It kind of validates what I was thinking about skipping Palo dinner to better experience the dining rooms. Cltdad, the brunch dates are sold out so will check when we get on the ship. I usually don't like to eat that much for lunch though - may just take Moki's Mommy's advice and just skip Palo this time around. Thanks again for the comments.