Packing-when do you start for your Carnival Cruise?

marshhawk

I feel so much better about taking over our guest room for cruise packing! I thought I was alone! Lol.

I start stacking about a month before then I put everything into the suitcases about 3 days before while weeding out what I don't really need. It takes a lot off pressure off.

We leave for Tampa in two weeks and this weekend is my last minute shopping for the resupply of meds and toiletries.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

We don't actually pack anything until the day before we leave for our cruise. However, we do start getting things semi organized a few days before, especially non clothing items, such as sunblock, toiletries, lanyards, etc. I make sure all rechargeable batteries are fully charged before we pack, and put fresh batteries in our alarm clock and battery operated night light (for the bathroom). My wife is in charge of our passports and all travel documents.

I don’t unpack! I’m always ready for the next cruise! (Both mentally and physically!) It keeps my spirits up. I only take out laundry (to wash and put back) and souvenirs I’m not bringing next time and leave everything else packed. Added bonus - I don’t have to worry about packing again!

I learned the hard way NOT to wait til the last minute...lol..last cruise I wound up in the hospital having gall bladder surgery 3 days before we were leaving for our cruise...eek..I had planned to work half day that Thursday and had the time to do everything before we left for Charleston on Sunday....lesson learned...we sail May 5...suitcase out already...been putting little things up since Christmas!! Oh and on previous cruise..I went..saved vacation time from work cause I was on sick leave...figured I could recuperate just as easily on the Lido deck as I could at home..lol:halo::')

how did you get to port 3 days after your gall bladder was removed?

this is something I truly fear-since the driving to Jacksonville would be up to me

but I did go shopping yesterday and got two new pairs is shorts, so my packing is done.

In a perfect world, I'd start packing a week before I start my vacation. I usually visit my friends for a few days in the Tampa/St. Pete area then one to two nights in Miami Beach prior to my cruise. But, I'm the king of the last minute packers. It's that ADHD in me and packing is a drudge though the outcome is for a fantastic reason.:D

I don’t unpack! I’m always ready for the next cruise! (Both mentally and physically!) It keeps my spirits up. I only take out laundry (to wash and put back) and souvenirs I’m not bringing next time and leave everything else packed. Added bonus - I don’t have to worry about packing again!

Kind of do the same thing. When we get home from one adventure, the OTC meds and toiletries get refilled. Only need to add clothes and a few other things. Most things are duplicated, ie home chargers and Travel chargers.

Kind of do the same thing. When we get home from one adventure, the OTC meds and toiletries get refilled. Only need to add clothes and a few other things. Most things are duplicated, ie home chargers and Travel chargers.

DW will rewash everything that Carnival washed so that would not work for us.

Passports, spare credit card, and cruise docs go into a large yellow envelope in the front pocket of the luggage at least a MONTH before the trip. Ain’t no way we’re risking to forget that!

Everything else is packed the night before.

(we also have a long bright red “Remove before Flight” ribbon taped to the envelope that hangs out of the front pocket to remind us to take it out before checking the luggage.)

how did you get to port 3 days after your gall bladder was removed?

this is something I truly fear-since the driving to Jacksonville would be up to me

but I did go shopping yesterday and got two new pairs is shorts, so my packing is done.

We live in NC so we were planning to drive to Charleston anyway...but we were going the Sunday before because it was Mothers Day and the kids had plans to take us out to dinner in Charleston...we wound up leaving about 6am that Monday morning and drove straight to the port...didn't like that but it worked out in the end...have gotten insurance every time since though...lol

A year out I make a packing list divided out between my husband and me and another for the dogs (for boarding). I make adjustments during the year. I start getting things ready 5 days before; the non clothing and travel toiletries start getting packed. Our upcoming cruise we leave to head down on Saturday so I will start packing Friday night and Saturday morning. I'll take the dogs to their places and finish my last minute stuff. We will leave Saturday afternoon when my husband gets home from work, Sunday we sail.