Great Stirrup Cay Cabanas

Booboochase

Going on a 3 day in June - the small Cabana on Great Stirrup Cay is $425...they give $50 credit towards food/drinks...well the Sun now has open bar which begins in May, and I assume that carries over to the island like other cruise lines do...my question is, is it worth it to rent the cabana? It would be nice to have an area like that, but that seems pricey. Opinions? Thanks!

Our UBP on The Epic was also good on GSC

I had thought we needed a cabana as one of our friends really needs a lot of shade but the cost made up ours minds to not book it.

We had plenty of shade options on the island from all of the palm trees, matter of fact too much shade for me! But it all worked out just fine

We had a small cabana when we were on GSC back in February. For us it was well worth the money and would recommend it.

It was very hot that day, very little breeze and it was so nice to have somewhere to go to relax and cool down after being in the sun. You get beverage service which is ideal since there are stories of people waiting a half hour to get a drink. Every 5 - 10 minutes a server came around asking if we needed something. There were multiple staff working so you never had to wait for someone.

You get cold bottles of water in the fridge, beach towels and fruit along with salsa and chips. We also had a food voucher to pick out some additional snacks. There is an outdoor shower to rinse off. Plus you get the water float mats ( 4 ). For us it was a wonderful experience and we will definitely rent a small cabana again on GSC.

We had the small cabana on GSC and loved it. We ordered it on line and saved. The cabana was $425 but only $382 when we ordered on line. We had the $50 voucher for food and ordered the lobster and shrimp. Also had the fruit, salsa and chips. Never had a problem getting drinks. Always a cabana boy coming around to see if you want a drink or food. We had them get us food from the buffet. Also at the end of the day I was tired and didn’t want to do that long walk again and they sent a Jeep to take us back. To us it was worthwhile getting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a good savings, TYSONBOXER...I wonder if the price will come down from $425 before June cruise...

Unfortunately I don’t think they will reduce the price before your cruise. I just booked one for our cruise on the Sky to Cuba April 30th, ours was only $299 for the small cabana on GSC. I think it may depend on the time of year, number of ships docked there on that day and how high the demand may be. The price did not change at all from the time we booked this cruise about 9 months ago and now. I did however get a bit of a discount because we are Platinum and get 10% off so it was $269 when added to my cart. Every little bit helps:)