Linked bookings (5 bookings, 10 people), Horizon 1/20/19 - SPLIT up!

Amyazing1

Wondering if anyone has any advice on who I can contact. We have 5 bookings which are linked together (we do this every year and never have had any issues). All bookings were wait-listed for the early dining. A few days ago 3 of the 5 bookings were confirmed for early dining and 2 of the bookings were put in to Your Time Dining. This doesn't make sense to me since the purpose of linking is to have the same dinner table/time. Why split up the link? When I called they said the bookings were still linked and that they did show 3 bookings for early dinning and 2 as your time. They said they couldn't do anything as the early dining was now full. I went onto my booking and I cant even go back on the wait list now. It bums me out because we all enjoy sitting together at dinner and we all enjoy having the same wait staff each night.

Any advice?

You have plenty of time still just keep checking online every few days under my cruise details and click on the change dining and see if it opens up. We just booked our cruise at the end of January for the July 3rd sailing on the Horizon and had almost the same situation with 4 cabins (we too wanted to dine together). We wanted late dining... we originally booked 2 cabins for my husband, myself and 2 children. Another week later, another couple and my parents decided to book and there was no availability on the wait list for anything except MTD. We were waitlisted for late dining -- about 2 weeks later we got an email that they had availability for late dining and that 2 of 4 cabins were switched. I kept checking and 1 slot opened for early dining so 1 cabin grabbed it. Then I was able to get my parents waitlisted for early dining then finally on late seating. By checking like every other day I was able to get all of us on the late seating. As it is getting closer to final payment people might be changing their plans and you will probably see more availability. If all else fails, head right to the maître'd when you board and they should help you.

This exact situation is happening to us. Two bookings, originally at Late Dining, trying to move both to Your Time. I've gotten one switched over but am waitlisted on the other. I called and they were no help at all, which I just can't understand. I feel encouraged that maybe I can get it straight pre cruise.

I hear you... I got the same run around from them. I tried everything... you best bet is to just keep checking that website... time slots DO open ... I think if you are already waitlisted you should be OK.

We had 4 bookings linked for a cruise last summer. All were waitlisted for early dining. First, one booking cleared, then another the following week and about a month later the last 2 bookings cleared the waitlist. Don't give up hope. Perhaps it helped that our TA involved her Business Development Manager.

We had this problem last summer but the mistake was mine but it was fixed the first day. We had five cabins booked and I linked them all together on my carnival app but never linked them in carnival system. When we boarded we all had different dining times and dining rooms. A mess. I went to the maitre d as soon as we boarded and told them what Happened. They gave us two tables of six each the first night but by the time we got back to our cabin, we had a note saying our new table had been assigned. We got a prime table for all 12 of us at the front of the dining room. The other great thing is that we were seated at that same table for brunch on sea days. They didn’t make any promises that first day but I knew they would work it out, they have always worked out issues to my satisfaction and even if they were not able to fix it, I know they always try their best. That is what I love about cruising with carnival. Funny thing is we had our teens and preteens at the table downstairs that first night and they had a ball being left alone to dine with the adults way upstairs. It was too cute, but the next night we were back to normal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wondering if anyone has any advice on who I can contact. We have 5 bookings which are linked together (we do this every year and never have had any issues). All bookings were wait-listed for the early dining. A few days ago 3 of the 5 bookings were confirmed for early dining and 2 of the bookings were put in to Your Time Dining. This doesn't make sense to me since the purpose of linking is to have the same dinner table/time. Why split up the link? When I called they said the bookings were still linked and that they did show 3 bookings for early dinning and 2 as your time. They said they couldn't do anything as the early dining was now full. I went onto my booking and I cant even go back on the wait list now. It bums me out because we all enjoy sitting together at dinner and we all enjoy having the same wait staff each night.

Any advice?

Wow! I never realized this could be a problem! I have booked my cruise for 2020 on the Magic for our 50th Anniversary and all of our children and grandchildren will be joining us. They will be booking sporadically as they are able to, but I gave them my reservation number so they can call and link us so we can sit at least near each other, as there will be 25+ of us, and more than one table will be required.

Sent from my iPad using Forums