MSC Voyagers Club points expiration

miataman19

Getting conflicting info from MSC. On the website it states 36 months without cruising and your points expire. Called to verify and they said, no your points don't expire. Now I've never sailed on MSC before but did the points match. I'm a Silver with them now. Cruising in July 2019 on Seaside in The Yacht club. So, I emailed to find out what's up. Got a quick reply saying the website generates the expiration date automatically but they can always pull up your numbe and I really don't have points because I've never sailed with them but I'm still Silver. A little confusing. Not a big deal but DW wanted clarification...ugh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

Getting conflicting info from MSC. On the website it states 36 months without cruising and your points expire. Called to verify and they said, no your points don't expire. Now I've never sailed on MSC before but did the points match. I'm a Silver with them now. Cruising in July 2019 on Seaside in The Yacht club. So, I emailed to find out what's up. Got a quick reply saying the website generates the expiration date automatically but they can always pull up your numbe and I really don't have points because I've never sailed with them but I'm still Silver. A little confusing. Not a big deal but DW wanted clarification...ugh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

If you have already gotten the status match, you can go onto the voyagers club site and see that you do have points. They give you the amount of points when you would have turned to silver. So in other words, you would start with 2200 points.

Hope this helps.

Happy Sailing!

the expiry date is three years from your application to join under the "Status Match " scheme or 3 years from disembarkation from your last cruise.

here is the appropriate section of the terms and conditions on the UK web site

1.5 Length of Membership

MSC Voyagers Club membership is subject to a minimum of one cruise every three years. If the last cruise disembarkation date is over 3 years (36 months) or no cruisehas been completed in 3 years after the enrolment date, membership to the MSC Voyagers Club programme will expire.For example: if the last disembarkation date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completedby 30.01.2018, the membership will expire.If the registration date is 30.01.2015 and no cruises are completed by 30.01.2018, themembership will expire.Should the membership expire, passengers must subscribe to the MSC Voyagers Clubagain. Subscription will be subject to the conditions stated. A new Club identificationnumber will be assigned.

hope this clarifies the situation for you

Pete

I inquired at the next cruise desk on Seaside, person I spoke to confirmed the 3 year expiration. I also read it on the faq on cabin tv. I mentioned it to my TA during my feedback about the cruise and ship. She said it didn't sound correct. She contacted her rep that contacted MSC in U.S. and was told points don't really expire and just need to be reactivated.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app