Excursions in Juneau

aztraveleroh

I am new to cruisecritic so hope I'm not bein redundant, but probably am. We are looking for a combo of Medenhall Glacier and whale watching on a small boat, with 20 or fewer passengers. Princess has a couple--has anyone been on the photo one or the other small group one? People have mentioned other companies like Harv ? for whale watching but it doesn't include the Glacier. Thanks in advance for any help in my choosing.

http://www.traveljuneau.com has listings.

But it is also simple to just link these 2 options yourself. Huge benefit with YOU deciding what you want to see and do at Mendenhall and how long you want to stay. All you have to do, is book the whale watch tour you want, then call a cab, to meet you when you get of the whale tour, go directly to Mendenhall, pay the small admission. You can then just call for a cab pick up about 30 minutes priority to you wanting to go. Efficient and works excellent. :) Alternative is a car rental and shuttle bus.

http://www.traveljuneau.com has listings.

But it is also simple to just link these 2 options yourself. Huge benefit with YOU deciding what you want to see and do at Mendenhall and how long you want to stay. All you have to do, is book the whale watch tour you want, then call a cab, to meet you when you get of the whale tour, go directly to Mendenhall, pay the small admission. You can then just call for a cab pick up about 30 minutes priority to you wanting to go. Efficient and works excellent. :) Alternative is a car rental and shuttle bus.

I haven’t done Mendenhall Glacier but we did do a small boat tour to see the Whales with Gastineau Guiding. Apparently they are only bookable through the cruise lines and carry a maximum of 20 passengers. We had excellent viewing to see the whales and thoroughly enjoyed our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk