Maya Chan

Sjb0704

We are booked at Maya Chan next month. I'm very excited but a little nervous since it is not a ship sponsored excursion. Has anyone heard of any issues about getting back to the ship on time from Maya Chan?

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

Hi we are also booked for the MCBR on Friday April 20th

...when you get your email of Instructions from MCBR it will say:

“Shortly after lunch, an English speaking staff member will ask what time you would like to return to the ship. You will have your choice of times. Once we have your request, there is no need to worry further as we will keep track of the time and let you know a half hour before your ride arrives. Remember, this is Mexico, and timeliness might be challenging. Be patient. You will not be late for your ship. If it gets close, we drive you ourselves.”

We’ve heard great things about this resort. We were also hesitant at first until webdid some research. Found some people going the same time as us.

Dede and Kevin Seward

HAL / Veendam April 20th

Fri, Apr 20|Costa Maya

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you.

Your welcome

MCBR email instructions are very complete and would probably answer any of your concerns. They also have a Facebook page if you’re interested. https://www.facebook.com/MayaChanBeach/

Some interesting photos and comments.

Btw the drive to the resort is only 20 minutes from the port on a dirt road. Which is typical

We are booked at Maya Chan next month. I'm very excited but a little nervous since it is not a ship sponsored excursion. Has anyone heard of any issues about getting back to the ship on time from Maya Chan?

We were there in January and had no issues. They had the departure times posted for all the ships in port at the bar. They came and asked how soon we wanted to be back to the port, then came and told us about 15 min before the taxi arrived so we had time to gather our things and use the restroom. We were actually the last guests to leave that day and had no issues getting back in time.

One thing to keep in mind is the time to walk from the taxi drop-off area at the port to your ship. They drop you off closer than where you catch the taxi to the resort, but it is still a 10-12 min walk back to the ship, depending on which berth your ship uses. If you want to do any shopping in the port area, just factor that in to leaving Maya Chan a little earlier.

We were there in January and had no issues. They had the departure times posted for all the ships in port at the bar. They came and asked how soon we wanted to be back to the port, then came and told us about 15 min before the taxi arrived so we had time to gather our things and use the restroom. We were actually the last guests to leave that day and had no issues getting back in time.

One thing to keep in mind is the time to walk from the taxi drop-off area at the port to your ship. They drop you off closer than where you catch the taxi to the resort, but it is still a 10-12 min walk back to the ship, depending on which berth your ship uses. If you want to do any shopping in the port area, just factor that in to leaving Maya Chan a little earlier.

Thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be returning to the Maya Chan for our 5th time! We have never had any issues at all with getting back to the ship. It is a very small place and they keep track of the time for you. They will drop you off right at the entrance to the port shop area. No worries. Have a great time!

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I visited Maya Chan on April 27 of this year. The workers were very hospitable but the place is not very nice. Everyone gets their own little area on the beach with Adirondack style loungers, a day bed, a hammock and a small table. Lunch was good and the drinks were plentiful. Service was very good. However the furnishings are older and not kept up very well. The beach is okay but the water was disgusting. Very,very brown and a foul odor. My husband did not go near the water. I did go in for a short time but soon regretted it. We are now home and I have laundered my bathing suit and it still has a slight odor to it. Just wanted to let others know about our experience here.

We were just in Maya Chan last week and had a fabulous time. They will find out what time you want to leave and about 10 minutes before they let you know your Taxi is on its way. The food was delicious and the staff went above and beyond, even serving us beverages while we sat in float chairs in the water.

As far as the beach, well sea grass is a problem but it was the same in Cozumel and to be honest even South Beach was having a seaweed problem.

Go relax and enjoy!!

I live on the Gulf side of Florida on an island south of Tampa and we had an abundance of sea grass just this past Sat, May 5th. Blew in in a matter of days due to winds and current, etc. Just Mother Nature doing her thing, nothing can stop it. Even saw tons of sea grass this past April in Bonaire at the Sorobon beach area. This sort of thing happens even on vacations!