New UPDATED Cruise Director (CD) List - starting from April 2018 onwards

I think RCL should add a other Cruise director to help Bobby because it a new ship huge it takes a very active staff to run activities on that ship and I think Bobby doesn't has that energy and that mind set to run the ship by himself he need a good activities manager and a very active staff

Sent from my Z982 using Forums mobile app

Michele is also there during the takeout and inaugural sailings - he is a good CD although I do think he is a bit inexperienced for the newest ship. Still, better than BB!

Katy is currently AM and I don't think she is any good either. I know a few of the Staff and they are good, but all of them will be gone by October. It's too big of a gamble for me to take, so no SY TA for me, That's RCI's problem though - they put a dud CD on there and it turns people away.

I loved Joff Eaton, but I only had him once. His style is quite unique, and therefore I enjoyed him. Will he reuse some of his old stuff. Yeah, sure, but its HIS stuff.

I keep harping on him, because he drives me nuts, but I had Paul Rutter last year. He was lame. I've heard his stuff from MULTIPLE different previous cruise directors. Even though it was the first time i've had him, his jokes were drawn from either a bucket of "cruise director stash" or he is just borrowing from other CDs styles. Watching him, you can easily see he scripted himself.

Fair point! I've never had Paul Rutter (sounds like that's a good thing!)

Mitch just posted on Facebook that he's in the midst of an emergency transfer to Liberty. It appears he's on his way there now. No idea how long he'll be or any other information.

Thanks. I'm hoping that John is OK.

Happy Friday! Thanks all for the updates!

Adventure OTS - Activities Manager Daniel Dornas is filling in for a few weeks, then Mercedes LaFuentes is reported to be returning.

Allure OTS - Jimmy Rhodes returns March 11 for 4 months, then Mitch Merucci returns mid-July for 2 months.

Anthem OTS - Clo O'Connor until May 13, then Dennis Charles returns May 13 for 4 months.

Brilliance OTS - Abe Hughes started March 31 until early-July, then Clo O'Connor will be CD from July until September 1. (need July handover date)

Empress OTS - Hugo Arenas began November 10 for 4 months. (then who?)

Enchantment OTS - Bobby Broughton returned April 6. (for 2 months or 4 months?)

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returned February 9 (until when?). Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27. Graham is wanted to be kept on Explorer by the HD, so may be regular CD again for the rest of 2018.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine starts March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen returns July 28 until September 29, followed by Drew September 29 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - Mike Szwajkowski started April 14 for 2 months, then Bob Leininger returns mid-June until October 6, then Mitch Merucci from October 6 until December 1, followed by Bob starting December 1 for another 4 month contract.

Harmony OTS - Marc Walker begins February 3 until April 21, then Dru Pavlov returns April 21 until August 4, then Marc returns again from August 4 until October 6.

Independence OTS - Tim Connor started March 15 until May 28, then Joff Eaton returns May 28 for the Summer season for 4 months.

Jewel OTS - Andrea Olivieri started February 25. (for 4 months?)

Liberty OTS - John Blair took over January 14 until May 27, and returns July 22 for 4 months. Mitch Merucci is joining April 15 for an emergency fill-in.

Majesty OTS - Susan Adams took over February 26. (for 4 months?)

Mariner OTS - Ricky Matthews is said to have taken over for the repositioning, dry dock and start of the Miami cruises. (Will Carlos Torres also be working on Mariner later this year, as initially reported?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo took over March 25 for 2 months. (then who?). Cuddy Cudworth returns in August after a contract on Radiance.

Oasis OTS - Jeff Arpin returned early March for 2 months, followed by Dan Whitney early May for 4 months. (need dates)

Ovation OTS - Mike Hunnerup returned March 23 (for 4 months?).

Quantum OTS - Paul Rutter starts April 9 for 2 months and again in the Fall for 3 months. Who will fill in for Paul's vacation? Chris Brown?

Radiance OTS - WHO IS CURRENTLY CD? Cuddy Cudworth is joining Radiance for his next contract. (dates unknown)

Rhapsody OTS - Elvis Pinto returned early February for 4 months. (then who?)

Serenade OTS - Carly Boileau returns February 5 (until when? then who?)

Symphony OTS - Michele Scarpato and Bobby Brown are the launch CD's, sharing duties. Current dates are unknown, but Michele will be CD in early-July, and Bobby for the TA. Marc Walker takes over November 9 in Miami until February 16. (He joins Oct 23 for a 17 day handover)

Vision OTS - Steve Davis returned April 6 until August 11.

Voyager OTS - Carlos Torres began late-January until late-May.

Where is Patricio Honores?

Jerome Sueur has reportedly left RCI. He is getting married soon.

Casey Pelter is now working shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Jamie Fentiman has been cleared to return, although does not have an assignment yet.

Graham Seymour is stepping back from cruise life after July 28, 2017 except for occasional fill-ins. (Graham is filling in on Explorer from Feb 9.)

Rich Edwards has unfortunately passed away in June 2017. RIP Rich.

John Perry has left Royal and is now Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment. He may occasionally fill-in as CD

Amy Fickert-Southgate has taken a job shoreside as of June 8

Luke Aerowsmith is working at the corporate office in London

Gordon Whatman is retired, but will be filling-in from time-to-time if needed.

Allan Brooks works for Celebrity in their corporate office.

Richard Spacey is a CD with Celebrity

Becky Thompson works for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami.

Dave Chapman is a CD with HAL

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Leo Papa is a Product Manager at Tauck Corp in Connecticut

Anna Bass is a make-up artist

João Pereira has returned to Royal Caribbean and is now the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - Has sold the Tiddly and is now a radio presenter.

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises and recently became a father to a lovely baby boy

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with SilverSeas out of Italy

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is now with The World - Luxury Residence at Sea

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Thomas DeCell is no longer with RCI

Leigh Xuereb and his AM Frankie Portera are CD's for Carnival

Never did understand people's obsession with the cruise directors. Maybe it's just me...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, some people do care, and if you don't, then I advise you avoid this thread.

It's quite insulting to those that keep up a list when random posters come in and say that they don't care about whatever position it is. They don't need to visit the thread.

we had Bill Brunkhorst on Splendour

I watched this Vision 70's night with Bill as CD. He reminded me of Bobby Brown, so I hope that I don't have him as a CD. Bill and his Staff seemed to do very little to energize this crowd. Even the Macho Men segment (obviously my favourite) was lame. Time for Royal to move on, IMO.

Bobby was nonexistent and Michele was better, but obviously onboard to appeal to the large Spanish passenger base. So I cannot say I connected with either one.

I asked Rick (who was on the SY inaugural) about the 2 CD's. Above is what he said.

I'm personally disappointed that Bobby was a dud once again, and that Michele's primary role seemed to be as the Spanish and Italian translator, as I can't really evaluate his CD skills in that case. I just hope that I get more of a chance to see him in July, since he will be on his own then.

Bing Bong needs to get there sooner rather than later!

So, leaving “on vacation” six weeks early. I guess with sudden notice since Mitch is enroute.

I don't think Mitch knew 48 hours ago that he would be transferring to Liberty, so I guess that there is something more major that has caused their departure.

I hope that the Blairs are OK, but I will say - Lucky Liberty cruisers!

Mitch called it an "emergency" transfer. The last time that something like this happened was when Leigh and Frankie were dismissed by RCI.

Never did understand people's obsession with the cruise directors. Maybe it's just me...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

30 + years of Cruising Royal and I only remember names of Good Ones.. Well except.one real awful one. He was on Royal 1980s-2000's and use to take out almost every new ship. But even he had his following...

From the March 31st 5NT Pre-Inaugural sailing from Symphony of the Seas:

Which leads me to the actual CDs. When we first boarded, we were greeted by both Michele and Bobby. Both were full of energy and very excited. Set a great mood for the cruise. Afterwards we noticed we rarely saw either cruise director, with the exception of the Welcome Aboard party and when our scheduled AquaNation show was cancelled. The dynamic between to the two was strained as they have very different personalities, but by the end of the cruise their morning show seemed a little more natural , but still awkward. I recognized Michele's voice over the PA more often than Bobby's. While I think two CDs for this particular cruise and the following one made sense, pairing up the personalities would have made it better. I won't pretend to be in the know of who the good CDs are for RCI, but just our observances that our two didn't make the best of pairs.

2 CD reviews from Symphony and neither are particularly positive. This pretty much confirms my fears about the Symphony Transatlantic.

Who would you have there instead?

Happy Sunday! Thanks all for the updates!

Adventure OTS - Activities Manager Daniel Dornas is filling in for a few weeks, then Mercedes LaFuentes is reported to be returning. (need handover date)

Allure OTS - Jimmy Rhodes returns March 11 for 4 months, then Mitch Merucci returns mid-July for 2 months.

Anthem OTS - Clo O'Connor until May 13, then Dennis Charles returns May 13 for 4 months.

Brilliance OTS - Abe Hughes started March 31 until early-July, then Clo O'Connor will be CD from July until September 1. (need July handover date)

Explorer OTS - Graham Seymour returned February 9 (until when?). Topi Ylönen returns June 8 until July 27. Graham is wanted to be kept on Explorer by the HD, so may be regular CD again for the rest of 2018.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine starts March 17 until July 28, then Topi Ylönen returns July 28 until September 29, followed by Drew September 29 for 4 months.

Grandeur OTS - Mike Szwajkowski started April 14 for 2 months, then Bob Leininger returns mid-June until October 6, then Mitch Merucci from October 6 until December 1, followed by Bob starting December 1 for another 4 month contract.

Harmony OTS - Marc Walker begins February 3 until April 21, then Dru Pavlov returns April 21 until August 4, then Marc returns again from August 4 until October 6.

Independence OTS - Tim Connor started March 15 until May 28, then Joff Eaton returns May 28 for the Summer season for 4 months.

Liberty OTS - Mitch Merucci joined April 15 for an emergency fill-in. (until when? then who?) John Blair was scheduled for vacation from May 27 - July 22 - any updates as to what has happened to him?

Mariner OTS - Ricky Matthews is said to have taken over for the repositioning, dry dock and start of the Miami cruises. (Will Carlos Torres also be working on Mariner later this year, as initially reported?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo took over March 25 for 2 months. (then who?). Cuddy Cudworth returns in August after a contract on Radiance.

Oasis OTS - Jeff Arpin returned early March for 2 months, followed by Dan Whitney early May for 4 months. (need dates)

Quantum OTS - Paul Rutter starts April 9 for 2 months and again in the Fall for 3 months. Who will fill in for Paul's vacation? Chris Brown?

Radiance OTS - WHO IS CURRENTLY CD? Cuddy Cudworth is joining Radiance for his next contract. (dates unknown)

Symphony OTS - Michele Scarpato and Bobby Brown are the launch CD's, sharing duties. Current dates are unknown, but Michele will be CD in early-July, and Bobby for the TA. Marc Walker takes over November 9 in Miami until February 16. (He joins Oct 23 for a 17 day handover)

Casey Pelter is now working shoreside for Celebrity as Manager of Entertainment.

Jamie Fentiman has been cleared to return, although does not have an assignment yet.

Graham Seymour is stepping back from cruise life after July 28, 2017 except for occasional fill-ins. (Graham is filling in on Explorer from Feb 9.)

John Perry has left Royal and is now Operations Manager at Hyatt Hotels (per LinkedIn)

Ken Rush works at corporate in Miami as RCI's Director of Entertainment. He may occasionally fill-in as CD

João Pereira has returned to Royal Caribbean and is now the Cruise Sales Manager on the Liberty of the Seas.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Viking River Cruises and recently became a father to a lovely baby boy

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Warren Allen (aka Warren Melhuish) lives in Ontario, Canada. He has retired from ship-life but still works on the stage

Adventure OTS - Activities Manager Daniel Dornas is filling in for a few weeks, then Mercedes LaFuentes is reported to be returning. (need handover date)

Liberty OTS - Mitch Merucci joined April 15 for an emergency fill-in. (until when? then who?) John Blair was scheduled for vacation from May 27 - July 22 - any updates as to what has happened to him?

Joe - Radiance current cruise (which was r.t. Sydney to NZ) was cancelled because of an azipod problem which had to get repaired before the Trans Pacific which leaves Sydney on April 17. I have asked a few people to post in their roll call name of CD.

Joe - Radiance current cruise (which was r.t. Sydney to NZ) was cancelled because of an azipod problem which had to get repaired before the Trans Pacific which leaves Sydney on April 17. I have asked a few people to post in their roll call name of CD.

I knew that the sailing was cancelled but Mitch departed on Friday for LB, so I don't know who has taken over. Thanks for posting on the roll call. Much appreciated! :)

Who is your favorite CD?

Without any passengers, there probably isn't much need for a CD. Any CD duties could probably be handled by the AM until the 17th when the next group of passengers get there. The next CD may have gone to Newcastle to join the ship as it's being repaired, but until someone from CC boards to confirm who that is, it will be a mystery. Probably solved in less than 24 hours ;)

It definitely was a disappointment to have that cruise canceled. I was looking forward to having Mitch as the CD - heard good things about him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

John and Katrina Blair announced April 14th onboard Liberty (at Captain's Corner) they were taking a month off for some educational class in Europe and that April 8 to 15 was their last cruise on Liberty. They are hoping to return to do Alaska itineraries after that, but they didn't know for sure.