Question on Balcony

justwaiting

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering how safe it is to keep the balcony door open at night so you can hear the waves?

Justwaiting:)

Don't want to put a damper on the cruise, but just don't leave valuables laying around the room when you leave the balcony door open. I speak from experience as we had a cat burglar come in our room from 3 stories up at our motel overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Carmel, California. We thought it was perfectly safe because there was nothing below us except for rocks and the ocean. He stole my wallet, traveler's checks, and my wife's purse. The scariest part was that he was in the room with us while we were asleep. Thank God we did not wake up. As I said, didn't want to put a damper on anything, just be cautious. Have a great cruise. Less than 2 weeks before we leave for San Juan.

Thank you for the advice, that would totally freak me out. I had read somewhere people bring a cord or stick to leave it open just so far. I just love the sound from the ocean, and hopefully it will dull the buzz saw that sleeps next to me.

You have a great trip and let us know how it is when you get back, only 6 more weeks for us before we leave.

Justwaiting:)

Archived