NCL Spirit - Mediterranean Cruise Review - August 2017

Yes, disembarkation in Rome is really easy.

As you mentioned in another post you've already cleared customs, so it's just a matter of walking off the ship, picking up your luggage in the "terminal" then boarding the free shuttle to the port entrance/exit. From there I used the car service that was 5 euros to the train station including luggage per person :)

There is also the bus shuttle service that is 2 euros to the train station, however there can be a bit of a wait for that depending on the number of people waiting for it...

Just to clarify, as I can’t remember.

If you want a taxi, do you still need to use the shuttle, or can your taxi come right to the ship?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, as I can’t remember.

If you want a taxi, do you still need to use the shuttle, or can your taxi come right to the ship?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I disembarked, I didn't see any taxis or private cars until after the port shuttle dropped us off, at this bus stop, just outside the gates to the right is where the taxi line is.

Most transfers back to Rome are here as well I believe?

I know they have been doing continual updates at Civitavecchia, they were building actual terminals for the cruise ship passengers when I was there and assumed those are now completed or close to for this cruise season, not just the temporary style domed storage type facilities that were being used when I was there in August.