Allure 4/1-4/8/18--A few observations of first day/night

We sail in August....how soon does RC allow us to make reservations for the shows?

I've already booked Chops, the Deluxe Bev package and Nachi Cocom in Cozumel. I like to be on top of things so we don't miss out.

Sounds like Mama Mia is a sure thing and the Aqua show too?

I began looking at the 90 day interval and was able to get shows confirmation e-mail on Jan. 10th for this sail of April 1st.

On Wednesday ( 4th day) took cattle car to Megan's Bay. Boy was it crowded. 3 ships in town. Allure was one of the last to dock, however, were able to get lounger for $5 each, but a deposit of $10 per.:p Unfortunately, no more umbrellas. Entrance fee is $5 per adult and free for children under 12 (?). Weather, beach and water was magnificent.

Ate as Giovanni's. Had the same waiter as at lunch. What a feast. The food kept coming. Began with plates of cheese & meats. Some of us had appetizers of soup, mussels in garlic sauce, Ahi tuna, & broiled octopus. He suggested the pasta be served family stile and WOW some 4 different pasta dishes to go along the Branzino, 9 oz filet, & tiger shrimps. Finally topped off with some very wonderful desserts. In addition, since we were able tom use the Happy Hours coupon, the wine kept flowing.;p;p

Worth every penny.

Saw Mamma Mia yesterday and it's a no miss show/performance. As good as the Broadway production, but much closer to the action. Just have reserves and get there half hour earlier for any good seats. We had seats center 3 row, and noticed some reserved seats in the first 2 rows for pay. Not sure, but many were empty and the reserve sign were removed 15 minutes prior to the start of the performance.

Saw Mama Mia on the Allure in 2012. Am sailing on her again July 1 - 8, 2018.

Would appreciate it if you would respond when the show was available on your cruise. What days of the cruise and times of the show.

Thank you

Walter

Saw Mama Mia on the Allure in 2012. Am sailing on her again July 1 - 8, 2018.

Would appreciate it if you would respond when the show was available on your cruise. What days of the cruise and times of the show.

Thank you

Walter

Mamma Mia was shown on Day 1 at 8:00 p.m., Day 2 at 9:30 p.m., and Day 3 at 5:00 p.m. It runs about 2 1/2 hours with an intermission (I think it was 15 minutes or so)

Mamma Mia was shown on Day 1 at 8:00 p.m., Day 2 at 9:30 p.m., and Day 3 at 5:00 p.m. It runs about 2 1/2 hours with an intermission (I think it was 15 minutes or so)

Thank you for this information . Greatly appreciate it. Now all I have to do is wait for Royal Caribbean to open up

the shows so that I can make reservations.

Hope you had a great cruise.

Regards

Walter

Correct. We made the 9:30 show on 2nd day, and even though it was late we thoroughly enjoyed it. My eldest granddaughter, who saw the play on Broadway when she was 5, was smiling from ear to ear.

I wish they would have scheduled all plays at 8pm as it would have been so much easier on our younger kids.

Other observations:

St. Martin: Still a lot of devastation, however, the dock was so full with Paxs taking tours. We had selected the beach excursion with lunch. Took us to Kim Sha Beach at Simpson Bay. There were 5 busses full for this tour just from the Allure. The tour provided us with lounger and umbrellas for an extra $4.

Lunch at the Green House restaurant. Some of us had the beef brochette and I ordered the bang bang shrimp sandwich and came with a drink. Had a bottle of beer. Lunch was pretty good. Bus picked us up at 1:30 to take us back to the ship. Traffic, with all of the repairs, was a bit slow. Glad to see all of the tour traffic from the 4 cruise ships in town as the Island needs the much needed employment.

Dress Code; Noticed a lot more men wearing shorts in the MDR & Specialty Restaurants. I saw the dress code on the daily planner and it does not forbid the wearing of shorts. Can't recall if shorts were listed as a no no on previous cruises.

Character Parade: This was on the last night and it was enjoyable for my grandkids. Had the opportunity to have front row at Sorrento's. They were so close as the characters passed by to slap hands with Shrek, etc.

Tutti Salad Bar: Always enjoy this dining set up in the MDR on sea days. Really liked the past station and the Penne marinara with shrimp and seasoned with bits of hot peppers. Also, their steak sandwich on the lunch menu was pretty good.

Next Cruise Office: Found it very crowded throughout the cruise. On the last night it was so busy that they were still available past 9pm. As a shareholder, I loved it.:D

Running track: I loved it as it is 2.4 laps to the mile. On smaller ships I get blisters from the constant turning.

Disembarkation: Much better than my previous experiences with Oasis and Allure. Had a 8-8:15 am slot. Had a leisurely breakfast in the MDR. When our slot was announced it took us approx. 20 minutes to complete customs and to taxis. We had the Global Pass which made it easier. However, noticed other lines moving quite briskly.