Gothenburg

We once waited an hour for the hop on hop off in Gothenburg , only to find it was the coach marked up Malmo that we had be sat beside , so if you decide to do it make sure they tell you what to expect ! We did a fun trip around the ' moat' on a boat , it wwas late September and we had to duck further and further down until the last but obe bridge when we had to get on the floor lol ( there was only about 6 inch clearance on the last bridge so they decided it wasnt wise to try ! ) I would highly recommend it , it was the highlight of our weekend there

We once waited an hour for the hop on hop off in Gothenburg , only to find it was the coach marked up Malmo that we had be sat beside , so if you decide to do it make sure they tell you what to expect ! We did a fun trip around the ' moat' on a boat , it wwas late September and we had to duck further and further down until the last but obe bridge when we had to get on the floor lol ( there was only about 6 inch clearance on the last bridge so they decided it wasnt wise to try ! ) I would highly recommend it , it was the highlight of our weekend there

The boat ride sounds fun! The Hop On Hop Off Bus is only running on Saturdays in October & we will be there on a Wednesday.

Gothenburg has been a hard port to find info about so I thought I would share a few things I found.

I posted on Trip Advisor & here & on the Norwegian boards on Cruise Critic trying to come up with some ideas on what to do there.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2620382&highlight=Gothenburg

From the answers to my post on Cruise Critic it sounds like the ship will provide shuttles for a fee. Hope they do.

If anyone likes vintage cars this tour might be interesting. It is rated #4 of 29 tours in Gothenburg. They will do a weekday tour as long as there are at least three cars booked.

http://timetravelgbg.se/en

I emailed about a bike tour & a Segway tour. I received a response from Nils with the bike tour. He said the tour could start at 10AM. The tour takes about 2 hours, and the price is 300 sek per person.

http://www.goteborg.com/en/bike-tour-gothenburg/

We were also interested in visiting the Archipelago. The weather might be a little chilly for that though so we have decided to do the bike tour & wander around the city afterwards.

If you have any other suggestions please share.

Juli

More than likely you'll dock in a very industrial port (we did onboard RCI Jewel) outside Gotenburg.

Our ship offered bus transfers (contracted by a local company) into the mid-city for a small fee. We arrived into town much too early to find most things/stores were still closed.