Beautiful Day at Lindquist Beach (6 yr old included)

cykim7

Prior to leaving for our cruise, I was scouring through the various threads to find the best beach to spend the day on at St Thomas. Everyone on here was so helpful!

I ultimate ended up choosing Lindquist Beach and was there on Mar 28 (we were on Celebrity Silhouette) and it was a beautiful day so I wanted to share my review.

Lindquist or Smith Bay is right near Sapphire Beach. It is about a 20-25 min cab ride from Crown Bay Port and it costs $11/pp each way (we got the cab driver's card and called him to pick us up when we were ready). There is also a $5 fee pp at the entrance of the beach as it is a state park. There is a very nice restroom/shower area and lifeguards. The only downside is there is no place to buy food, however, there is a vendor there selling water, alcohol, sodas and he also rents out the chairs - they were $5 each. No umbrellas but some trees for shade.

It is a GORGEOUS beach! I have included some pictures. There were some waves, but nothing huge and it actually ended up being fun for my 6 yr old to play in. There is also some seagrape like vegetation floating on top, but again, nothing bothersome. There were two cruise tours that went through the beach while we were there but there is enough room for everyone to spread out and once they leave, the beach is pretty much all yours.

For food - I prepared ahead of time and brought pre-packaged snacks from home and they lasted us through the day.

All-in-all a great beach to consider if you are looking for something a bit quieter than Sapphire, Emerald or Magens.

Enjoy!

IMG_6353.jpg.ae6aab575434285927a36d6a6640740b.jpg

IMG_6369.jpg.c2db357b1f229f9f0b8c33192384d84f.jpg

• 1 month later...

My son got married on this beach and it was just beautiful. I am on the Equinox in July and plan to spend the day there. My son and his wife have been there often and they say it is very easy to get a taxi to the beach. They give the driver a time for pick up and have always been picked up. I plan to take a beach umbrella and rent chairs. Blow up floats are also nice if you have room to take a couple on the ship. Hands down this beach beats all the others on St Thomas.

My son got married on this beach and it was just beautiful. I am on the Equinox in July and plan to spend the day there. My son and his wife have been there often and they say it is very easy to get a taxi to the beach. They give the driver a time for pick up and have always been picked up. I plan to take a beach umbrella and rent chairs. Blow up floats are also nice if you have room to take a couple on the ship. Hands down this beach beats all the others on St Thomas.

Hi djk 19,

Sounds lovely for your son’s wedding. Can I ask from where do you plan to obtain the beach umbrella? I was thinking of doing the same. Perhaps you will post your experience when you return?

Thanks, Scanditaly

Fortunately I live by the ship port in Ft Lauderdale. I take my umbrella to the ship port with a cabin tag taped to it. It gets delivered to my cabin. I carry it off when we plan on a beach day. Costco has the best umbrellas with a screw on the tip and a carrying strap on the cover. I also always take a small cooler on a cruise.

This beach requires a trip in a taxi and relying on the taxi to come back and get you. Renting a car for the day is a good option. This beach is not for people who worry about missing the ship. That eliminates a good percentage of the passengers on a ship. No matter what, Brittany and I are going either in a rental or in a taxi.

• 3 weeks later...

This beach is gorgeous and we had a wonderful day there as well. Hardly anyone there.

All you have to do is tell your taxi driver when you'd like to go back and they will come and get you.

Make sure to stop across from the port and grab something to take with you to eat and drinks. There are no vendors there.

HERE is a link to my pictures there.