Dolphins in Cozumel

helen77388

Dear Helen77388, I did the Dolphin Swim through the same people,,Dolphin Discovery, only did it at Chaankanaab last April. Do the Royal Swim, not the encounter. With the encounter, you only get to stand on a platform and pet the dolphin a few times and get a dolphin kiss. With the Royal Swim, you pay a few dollars more, but you get to interact with the dolphin in many ways in the water. You get to do a fin tow, a foot push(which was great!) a dolphin kiss, a little dolphin fin dance, you get to hold a hurdle up while they jump over it right by you, and you get some free swim & interaction time in the water with them(usually 2 dolphins to a group of 8 people)I highly recommend it! You wear a life vest the whole time so you don't have to worry if you don't swim well either, you can just float around with the others!Have a great time! Jaxson:)

With the encounter, all you do is stand on an underwater platform and "encounter" the dolphins which means just petting them.

With the swim, you are actually swimming in the water with them. They pull you, push you by the feet, swim around you, etc. There is way more interaction with the dolphin.

BUT, in my opinion, it is totally wrong to keep intelligent marine mammals like dolphins in captivity just for tourist entertainment and the operators profit.

After reading all the threads about Dolphin Discovery not refunding people thier money back after Wilma, I wouldn't book any excursion with them. They refused to refund anyone that booked in Cozumel for dates after Wilma. It's not the customers fault. Just give them thier money back if you are not open for business. Very poor customer service.

Dolphin Discovery has 4 locations in Mexico. The one in Chaankanaab Park will not be re-opening until June 2006, thats what they are saying anyway. There is another one in Cancun, Isla Mujeres.Another one south of Playa Del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras.They are both open. The last one being on the Pacific side, Sea Life Park Vallarta.

Archived