NCL Escape... Mini Suite With 700 Upgrade over Large Balcony?

Spicoli15

Hi,

Looking into booking a cruise this summer out of NY. I have a family of 4 (Kids are 4 and 6). I can get a large balcony on the escape that is 175 square feet and has an over sized balcony 70 feet for 6200 on the 9th floor or I can get a Mini Suite with larger balcony which really looks to be a grand balcony room that is 207 square feet with a over sized balcony of 124 on the 8th floor for 6900. Seems the 32 feet of extra space in the cabin won't make or break but it could make a difference with the 4 of us and I kind of like the very large balcony (124 sq feet) and being on the waterfront floor. Although maybe that floor could get very noisy with all the dining and bars there.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Steve

Edited by Spicoli15
Trying to change title to "Worth" instead of "With"

I’ve stayed in the mini with large balcony on the Getaway and a large balcony room on the Escape.

For me, those mini suites with large balconies are some of the best rooms on NCL ships. Having just booked the Breakaway we paid the extra for the mini. Certainly worth it for us, although it was only £200 more.

You are a little way from the waterfront bars. No problem there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve stayed in the mini with large balcony on the Getaway and a large balcony room on the Escape.

For me, those mini suites with large balconies are some of the best rooms on NCL ships. Having just booked the Breakaway we paid the extra for the mini. Certainly worth it for us, although it was only £200 more.

You are a little way from the waterfront bars. No problem there.

Right now I have an aft balcony on deck 9. There is one aft mini on deck 10 and I could upgrade for about $1000. Would you make the move from a deck 9 aft to an aft deck 10 mini?

Right now I have an aft balcony on deck 9. There is one aft mini on deck 10 and I could upgrade for about $1000. Would you make the move from a deck 9 aft to an aft deck 10 mini?

With the caveat that I don’t know the specifics about aft rooms on those ships, I wouldn’t pay anything like that much extra to go from a balcony to a mini.

Unless there is a difference in the size of the actual balcony (which I don’t think there is), $100 would be too much for me.

With the caveat that I don’t know the specifics about aft rooms on those ships, I wouldn’t pay anything like that much extra to go from a balcony to a mini.

Unless there is a difference in the size of the actual balcony (which I don’t think there is), $100 would be too much for me.

Thank you. I think I will just keep my aft balcony. Supposedly deck 9 afts are the larger balconies. I will be on vacation so at this time I will be happy to be on a ship, any ship!

200 more was that per person or entire family? I’m seeing it now as 6283 total for the 4 of us in large balcony room and 6723 for mini suite with large balcony. Worth it?

Total for the three of us. At the price difference you are quoting I'm not sure what I would do. Probably go for it, but that would be around my maximum.

The aft-facing mini-suites on deck 10 (10318/10918) are both HC. The bathroom may not be to your liking. The balconies are wider than the B1 on deck 9 but are not deeper. 10918's balcony is wider than 10318's balcony. Not even close to being worth an extra $1,000, IMO.

EDIT

Are you on Escape or Getaway?

If Getaway, the staterooms are 10316/10916 but the rest of the info is the same.

The aft-facing mini-suites on deck 10 (10318/10918) are both HC. The bathroom may not be to your liking. The balconies are wider than the B1 on deck 9 but are not deeper. 10918's balcony is wider than 10318's balcony. Not even close to being worth an extra $1,000, IMO.

EDIT

If Getaway, the staterooms are 10316/10916 but the rest of the info is the same.

On the Getaway. We are under 3 weeks out and I put in upgrade bids but only for an aft PH and a Fwd PH. Since there are so many aft balconies left I figured my chances of winning a bid were not to high that is why I was looking at just upgrading to a mini suite. I believe I will just keep my cabin. Thank you for the input...

Hi,

Looking into booking a cruise this summer out of NY. I have a family of 4 (Kids are 4 and 6). I can get a large balcony on the escape that is 175 square feet and has an over sized balcony 70 feet for 6200 on the 9th floor or I can get a Mini Suite with larger balcony which really looks to be a grand balcony room that is 207 square feet with a over sized balcony of 124 on the 8th floor for 6900. Seems the 32 feet of extra space in the cabin won't make or break but it could make a difference with the 4 of us and I kind of like the very large balcony (124 sq feet) and being on the waterfront floor. Although maybe that floor could get very noisy with all the dining and bars there.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

Steve

We've only done a mini suite on NCL, for the one we are going on this month we originally booked balcony rooms, but kept an eye on prices, they went down maybe about two months ago (so about 11 weeks before cruising), and for $100 my daughter and I moved into a M2 and my parents moved to an M3 (connecting staterooms still) for no additional cost. I also got a lot more OBC, which was awesome and totally worth the $100. With smaller kids (my daughter's first cruise was when she turned 5) I would say the size of the room doesn't really matter, so long as you keep it as clean as possible. We were in a mini-suite on the Epic and I loved the extra space in the room, but I don't know if it is worth the extra $700. As for the noise, it seems like people aren't complaining, we're on deck 9, but on the Epic we were one deck above some of the potentially noisy areas and it was never loud.

I have stayed in the Mini Suite / large balcony, on level 8 and truly loved it. I didn't encounter any loud noise, the location is exceptional. The large balcony is great 2 lounge chairs 2 regular chairs and a table. The bathroom on Mini suite is larger which is nice as well. I have one booked on the Bliss for October and can't wait.

Yikes 1000K. We sail in June on the Escape and our upgrade min was 25 and max 500 for balcony to mini.

EDIT

Is this an upgrade offer for the 1K difference or difference in actual initial fare?

I have stayed in the Mini Suite / large balcony, on level 8 and truly loved it. I didn't encounter any loud noise, the location is exceptional. The large balcony is great 2 lounge chairs 2 regular chairs and a table. The bathroom on Mini suite is larger which is nice as well. I have one booked on the Bliss for October and can't wait.

Worth 700 more total over a large balcony on 9th if you have 4 in the room?